Eurex Connectivity

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by gkadir, Oct 10, 2016.

1. gkadir

gkadir

Hi Traders,

i am looking to connect to a trading platform via API that alsoallows connectivity from Frankfurt rather than the US. I want to trade some Eurex products but want to test latency before going live.

I know TT has a trading server in Frankfurt but they don't offer a trial on real-time data via an API only through their desktop platform.

Can anyone help recommend platform or broker that can offer a trial to connect via an API to their trading server in Frankfurt?

Thank you

2. just21

just21

How does Eurex work? Do they not put out the quotes from every hub at the same time?

3. gkadir

gkadir

I don't think its possible to do it at same time due to distance.

4. garachen

garachen

Testing latency this way doesn't make any sense. Latency at a colo facility depends on many things:

1) care taken on the actual path to the matching engine
    2) how your third party execution server is hosted (also usage)
    3) the specific third party vendor
    4) your own code

Assume that
    1) accounts for 1-3 mics
    2-3) accounts for 40-300 mics
    4) accounts for 1-20,000 mics

Unless you've taken rather extreme care, only 4 matters so there's really nothing to measure but your own code.

If you are actually trying to go fast, 2,3 soon dominate so you have to get rid of them. After 4 is optimized then 1 becomes the real problem.

You are attempting to measure 1+2+3+4 and saying that any random 2+3 will do as long as it's a free trial.

dealmaker likes this.
  5. gkadir

gkadir

Thank you for the knowledge.

Do you know of any platform/providers that can provide what I am looking for?

6. cjbuckley4

cjbuckley4

I've asked a very similar question in the past and the best answer I can give you is not the name of a data provider, it's that you're putting the cart before the horse. See the above response for details. Eurex is not a very friendly environment for "DIY HFT."