Eurex, Chicago Exchanges get ready to rumble

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Cdntrader, Sep 16, 2003.

1. #61     Oct 22, 2003
  2. You traded both extensively? I guess not.. Eurex is shitty but at least it doesn't crash every other day..

#62     Oct 22, 2003
  3. bone

bone

I trade a whole lotta A/C/E, Globex, Eurex, and Liffe. Member/Seat Holder/registered trader in all. I know that Eurex has an older system... but it's never given me much to complain about in terms of stability and speed. Liffe likes to crash on a regular basis if you're trading it from the U.S.A.. And, Sashabr, I trade about 20,000 Euribor cars a month on Liffe, so experience, not some line of crap about bits and spread algorithms is in play here. I love Liffe products but I absolutely hate the platform. It screws EVERYBODY who isn't trading packs, strips, or bundles. Liffe could triple their volume if they let more flat price trade before the spread algorithm kicks in screws the rest of the orders who had time priority at that price. Liffe's reply? Well, improve your price! No, improve your algorithm. That's why Eurex gets the business. If you're first, you get them first.

#63     Oct 22, 2003
  4. Foz

Foz

I'm thoroughly pleased with both the Eurex and a/c/e platforms. Unsubstantiated insults makes it sound like you work for a competitor platform.

#64     Oct 22, 2003
  5. Foz

Foz

After this morning's snafu (Eurex opened 2 hours late due to problems), I'm no longer "thoroughly pleased".

#65     Oct 23, 2003
  6. Insult is not "Unsubstantiated".
    Eurex is based on 64kbit technology.
    They are not willing to change this.
    Their market data policy is even worse.

#66     Oct 23, 2003
  7. Yes I worked with both !
    Did you read the news today ? :D

#67     Oct 23, 2003
  8. I can second your last statement about EUREX:

"Their market data policy is even worse."

nononsense

#68     Oct 27, 2003
  9. bebe

bebe

10. Chitown

Chitown

They are passing buttons out at the CBOT...."LIFE is better without YOUR EX" They are trying to do what they can to limit the Eurex. It didn't help when Sec Treas Snow visited and walked through the floor when some idiot clerk yelled to him..."Hey Snow, BUSH SUCKS!!!" Probably not a good idea to insult the people who can help out the exchange. Anyway, Secret Service were all over him and he was fired by the CBOT.

#70     Oct 31, 2003