Eurex And Liffe Fixed Income Futures Volumes Plunges Again

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Dec 3, 2008.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

I trade index futures - DAX primarily.

And you are everything that used to be wrong, and it looks like your practices have been phased out.

You are pretty much a relic.

It looks like you are having hard time adapting, since you speak with such an anger. Take a deep breath and count to 3, it might help you know.

This is my last response to you unless you respond in civilized manner.

#41     Dec 4, 2008
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am surprised why BuyHiSellLo is having such a hard time understanding this, and he used to be a pit trader.

#42     Dec 4, 2008
  3. Why are you getting involved in a discussion about fixed income products then you fucking prick,are you a foreigner?Do you understand English?

You're a dickhead who doesn't have a clue,as for a relic,I was here long before you and will be here long after you've gone.

#43     Dec 5, 2008
  4. That quote is bollocks

If you understood what you were doing or had any experience whatsoever you would know that your quote from Cutten is referring to stocks not futures you stupid cunt!

#44     Dec 5, 2008
  5. this is a genuine point and well looked over by the exchanges in particular to so called market makers and algo liquidity providers.

one of my main gripes is this example below and this i believe is causing volume to decrease:

swedish central bank cuts rates by 175bp.

my next action was buying at the time:

euribor june 10 contract at 30.5 100 lots.

immediate market price action 30 offered.

i buy again at 30.5 another 100.

immediate market price action 30 offered.

3 - 5 seconds past.

algo market realisation that news is out and they are wrong.

system switched off and market 35 bid no offer.

this is a classic case of waiting till someone trades and then trading against them to stop them out.

this is in my opinion market manipulation based on the fact the system will only trade when i trade as oppopsed to trading on that particlar news and going long.

this is not a whinge or a moan.

i made money on this but i want to highlight the point:

THIS DISCOURAGES ANYBODY FROM OPENING A POSITION.

#45     Dec 5, 2008
  6. That is what this prick redduke doesn't understand.

Although you made money on that trade,you are aware that we should want smaller traders,in fact all traders to increase size in the future to increase liquidity will never be able to do that whilst algos primary objective is to trade the opposite of what they have done to wipe them out quickly,it is basically manipulation not trading the market.

It is this behaviour that has caused many to either be wiped out or just switch it off through boredom.Now there is a volume crisis and the exchanges don't have an answer - or sorry they did,they introduced the 1/2 tick in Bobl/T-Bond and Sterling,that was a great idea - NOT

For me this isn't about how or where you execute trades it is purely about the way the business has been managed,it started with Eurex basically with a "the rules are there are no rules " policy to gain market share which LIFFE quickly followed being the desperate sheep they are and we are now left with this,40%+ decline in volumes,that has never happened before.

Nice trade BTW

#46     Dec 5, 2008
  7. beaker more like you tried to buy 1 lot missed it payed up to 35 then it dumped thats more your style

#47     Dec 5, 2008
  8. yawn

#48     Dec 5, 2008
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

Electronic trading erased borders and opened way more doors than it shut down.

Anyone who is too blind or ignorant to see this just ignores reality and clings to past.

As far as screen traders being lazy, all I can say is ROFLOL.

#49     Dec 5, 2008
  10. Unfortunately opened doors to major dickheads like you, but the funny thing is it's hittting your arses on the way out.

BTW had a look at the dax for about 5 mins after NFP,what a load of shit in there,are you one of those cocks who is 1 up, 5 ticks wide and thinking you're actually providing liquidity?

checking,you are a seriously sad bastard if the last line from bunds makes you ROFLOL,not cool.

#50     Dec 5, 2008