Eurex And Liffe Fixed Income Futures Volumes Plunges Again

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Dec 3, 2008.

1. The pit was not only good for locals,paper with quality traders were able to get it's business done in a proper way at all times,everyone seemed to co-exist quite happily for a long time,traders in general don't seem so happy now.

As a former pit local/broker i'm not fussed particularly about returning to open outcry but don't like the way the business has gone.Somehow we manged to grow the volumes over significant events,'87 crash,'98 Asian crisis plus many more yet now we are collapsing,this is due to algo trading,poor mangement and lack of human trading input.

Electronic trading has opened doors to many,many cocks that is who hide behind a pc behaving in a way that would not have been tolerated in the past.

I don't think Eurex or CME will go under anytime soon,their share price will hose along with the value of the seats but am curious why you didn't mention LIFFE?

#11     Dec 4, 2008
  2. moarla

moarla

sory but looking at CME i see only Volume is up up up last weeks months....
    very nice moves, trading so nice and easy last weeks....
    maby there is an other CME that i dont know :)
    (and december is not jet finished.... we are at 4th...)

#12     Dec 4, 2008
  3. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

CME 3 month Eurodollar futures monthly volume has risen over the last 3 months has it?

#13     Dec 4, 2008
  4. moarla

moarla

who is trading Eurodollar?

#14     Dec 4, 2008
  5. What the fuck are you looking at?

ED's are down 54% compared to Nov 07 and 40% compared to Oct 08

TOTAL FUTURES FOR CME Vol is down 37% fom Nov 07 and 31% fom Oct 08

This is a great example of electronic markets being available to a cock,but at least he know the date and that December is not jet finished:D

#15     Dec 4, 2008
  6. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Perhaps you missed what this thread is about. We are discussing FIXED INCOME PRODUCTS. However I note your first post you did start with an apology. Ignorance can be such a burden, but please don’t feel the need to apologise; we can make allowances for you.

#16     Dec 4, 2008
  7. what do you think is the reason for this collapse of volume? Bonds had the mother of all rally in the past month !
    This should be a great market for bond futures traders.

#17     Dec 4, 2008
  8. Beaker

speand less time whining and touching little boys and more time trading and the volumes may go up and you might make some money

#18     Dec 4, 2008
  9. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

I can’t recall the discussion being about if it was tradable or if you could make money. It was an observation about the structural characteristics of the market.

If anybody should observe that the temperature is unseasonably low, do you tell them to fuck off and find some sun?

#19     Dec 4, 2008
  10. Banks going under or being bailed out is the main reason -deleveraging.

#20     Dec 4, 2008