Eur/USD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ForexPro, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This EUR move is overdone, pure and simple. I'm not questioning the reasoning behind it's increase, I just think the speed of the increase especially on the crosses, is yet another example of market cattle stampeding. Have you seen the upmove in EUR/CHF? What the heck is supporting that? How about the insanity in EUR/AUD?

I tell ya, silly is in high season.

#51     Mar 17, 2006
  2. short 1.2173 stop 1.222

#52     Mar 17, 2006
  3. Dangerous, but I think the 1.22 barrier should hold for now. But then again, what do I know?

#53     Mar 17, 2006
  4. newbby

newbby

EUR/USD ITS LOOK LIKE DOWN?

#54     Mar 17, 2006
  5. Try decaf, Newbby :)

Yes, finally it looks as though it's taking a breather. Odds of 5% fed funds by year end have gone from 68% to 90%. That's giving some strength the buck (plus yields creeping back up).

Still waiting for some reasonable behavior to show - especially in EUR/AUD and EUR/CHF in order to reset some longs. Those crosses are in "stupid" level at the moment.

#55     Mar 17, 2006
  6. Up and up...

• h&d.jpg
      File size:
      75.6 KB
      Views:
    #56     Mar 17, 2006
  7. Jerry, please don't take this wrong or misinterpret my wording or intentions here as dissing you in any way, as, with all due respect there are zillions of different ways to view, see and interpret forex moves, but...

How can you possibly say, "Up and up" based on that trend line, when, just prior to your trend line connecting 1.2600s in Sept. 2005 with Nov. @ 1.2200s pointing to the recent move, it is clearly seen that had the same type trend line measurement/indicator been used back a little ways in the beginning of 2005 @ 1.3665 connecting to 1.3500s a few months later, the DROP is so significant it's appalling, and is NOT an "up and up" scenario, though the type trend line you have would have indicated differently had you drawn it then?

Any clarifying of your reasoning here would be appreciated because, at face value, it's just ludicrous (no offense).

Am I missing anything?
    Best regards,

Ex

Jerry's chart

#57     Mar 17, 2006
  8. Ex, that neck line is fine .Up and up –I was talking about last week action, trend on daily chart is up now.

#58     Mar 19, 2006
  9. guys - am just catching up with mkt action after a short break - thks for bringing me up to speed with mkt sentiment etc on majors! when i left the other week, us rates were headed for 5%, euro perhaps 3% but its not like there is a string of good hard figures to make this so likely, therefore a big perhaps and still very $-positive as an investment magnet (and some carry trade attraction)... saw TB was bad, giving $-bears some strength, however NFSP not so bad (better than last but below 75bio avg) considering there's been loads of JPY purchasing / rebalancing lately...

wld you say there is still some strength to the recent eurusd upswing, a lot of strength, or we're about to reverse if we dont break above the monthly trendline?

#59     Mar 19, 2006
  10. today I am buying Eur/usd
    for 1.2250
    but IMO will drop from there to 1.1620
    so for 2.5 months ...no Longs dudes

#60     Mar 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.