EUR/USD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by KrispyKreme50, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Number 1 above resulted in a 60 pip net. So, you can check that off the list of things for the EURUSD to do.

I'll just tic them off one-by-one when they materialize.

#11     Aug 24, 2009
  2. First half of the non-direction paragraph above has also concluded for net 30 pips.

Check that off the list of things-to-do for the EURUSD as well.

Tracking nicely as expected.

#12     Aug 24, 2009
  3. 4258 Entry Order Long triggered and running successfully for a current: 71 pips and Holding.

The dust-off from 4258 is still "clearing" - so I'll post the actual "manual" Exit later.

Profile tracking nicely thus far and the EURUSD's behavior is as expected this week.

#13     Aug 25, 2009
  4. Both 4258 and 4232 Long still on Hold. Second half of 60 non-directional (30 Long from open of the week) also still on Hold. All trades in the black thus far with second half of non-directional (30 Long) still in the red.

A fairly typical weekly profile with no surprises thus far.

#14     Aug 27, 2009
  5. Second half of non-directional 60 pip profile close. Total net = 60 pips.

Entry Order Short from 4375 triggered with Hold.

4258 and 4232 Long now closing: 4258 Long closed at 4375 for 117 pips net. 4232 Long closed at 4375 for 143 pips net.

#15     Aug 27, 2009
  6. Initial Summary: (from numbered list above)

1) +50 pip net.
    2) Triggered & In-Progress.
    3) +117 pip net.

Modifications:

2) Not Triggered & Pending.
    3) +143 pips net.

Non-Directional 60:

a) +30 pips net.
    b) +30 pips net.

Totals:

+370 pips net on the week.

The distance between this week's high to low thus far is 200 pips. Thus, the trades so far this week have retained 185% of the total high to low movement for this week.

#16     Aug 27, 2009
  7. This should net/net out at 200% of this week's ATR when all is said and done. Though, I think net pips of 185% ATR is still acceptable.

#17     Aug 27, 2009
  8. 2) Now back to BE.

So I'll just wait patiently for either a change in the profile that warrants an early exit in the black, some Friday afternoon retardation from a truncated session that warrants an early exit in the black or a good solid black number to exit on absent a strike on the profile's target for this particular trade.

Either way, I'm already in the driver's seat and way ahead of the per trade profit curve thus far.

#18     Aug 27, 2009
  9. Truer words...

Labor Day is the first Monday in September.

#19     Aug 27, 2009
  10. Next session begins (Friday's)

2) As Friday's session begins, there will either be a quick blow-off into the target area, or a blow-off well above the target area before a return back to the target area of 4335 from 4375.

I would like hit the golf course early this week (by Fri morn) so it would be nice if this happened quickly.

This is why I really dislike manual direction based trades. Too much baby-sitting for me. Give me a good non-directional geometry that I don't have to pay much attention to anytime.

Yes, I can generate substantially more capital with manual, single sided trades - as you can now clearly see. However, the cost in terms of time spent baby-sitting, is no longer something I care to do.

These single sided trades make me feel like I'm sitting at a BlackJack table. Come on sweeeeet 4335! Hit me, hit me, hit me... LOL!

Can't stand this form of trading - torture. This stuff is like water-boarding as far as I am concerned and that is unconstitutional. Directional trading should be made unlawful - a violation of the Constitution of the United States of America.

I think hate is too strong a word - but I'm pretty close.

#20     Aug 27, 2009