EUR/USD TRADES on a LIVE ACCOUNT, NOT a LIVE TRADING LOG

Discussion in 'Forex' started by fxturtle, Jan 8, 2012.

1. fxturtle

fxturtle

My strategy to get positive pips on the forex market is based on the following:

1. Daily chart
    2. 3 indicators
    3. Patience
    4. Discipline

My trades could last more than 3 months when it is trending and just a few days when the market is ranging.

In this latest downward movement, I shorted the EUR/USD broken into three positions. The first was taken on November 14, 2011 and was closed on December 13, 2011 for 610 pips. The open positions (Attached) were taken on December 2, 2011.

FX Furtle - Forex trading for people with a day job

2. fxturtle,

Welcome to ET.

Thank you for this thread.

I like that you use daily charts for your trading and I hope you will share more about your scaling approach.

Good Trading to You.

ES

3. Good luck!

4. fxturtle

fxturtle

Trade update: SL Changed.

FX Turtle - Forex trading for people with a day job

5. fxturtle

fxturtle

Trade update: SL changed

6. What indicators do you use fxturtle?

ES

7. fxturtle

fxturtle

I use the most simple of them all.

Simple Moving Average.

8. well give us a clue please , not many sma xover systems work in the basic sense .. if any . So how about a hint or do i have to sign up first ?? just 1 chart will do ..................

9. the easy money in EUR is over, now it's chop chop chop time

In the 90's everybody made money in stocks no matter what system they were using

We have had two big megea trends that are now ending
    Long CHF and short USD

This dumping of the EUR won't continue and is already ending

CHF is pegged

And FED not wanting to devalue in an election year all make for choppy markets to come.

One big smooth mkt like the falling USD or the rising CHF makes for smoother mkts all around in any of the pairs, but those days are over.

nothing wrong with SMA, but I sure hope you are not using some kind of crossover

good luck

10. fxturtle

fxturtle

Like I said, I use SMA, but not in a crossover way of things. This big pips didn't just happen recently. My biggest pips ever was 1500 from Jan-Apr 11.

I do not trade often as you guys do. 15-20 trades a year is tops. Like billions of people, I belong to the working class, so my trading style works best for my situation.

FX Turtle - Forex trading for people with a day job.

#10     Jan 15, 2012