EUR/USD to 1.1950 by this Friday

Discussion in 'Forex' started by uninvited_guest, Jun 5, 2005.

1. I made a BAD typo, should read:

open trade @1.2214
    stop @ 1.2314

Thanks for spotting it.

#11     Jun 6, 2005
  2. you're right. the antichrist could still unite them.

#12     Jun 6, 2005
  3. Hah...thanks, Nostradamus.

Honestly, folks - people love to play Chicken Little and run around saying that the sky is falling. They did it before with the dollar when the Euro hit 1.36, and now they're doing it again with the EU. the truth is probably closer to the middle.

However, the middle is no fun and no one makes any money on a flat run. Extremists make the trend and the trend is a fun ride to make money.

Just make sure you keep your head on your shoulders where it belongs and understand that what you're following is NOT the future, but the future as the market believes it to be - through nothing other than a manifestation of FEAR and GREED.

Make no mistake in believing the market is your friend. It just happens to be going the same way as you at the moment. It could easily make a sudden right or left turn, and that 16 wheeler you were riding beside on your motorcycle will ....well, you know.

#13     Jun 7, 2005
  4. I got stopped out at 1:45 EST by a c**t hair. Then EUR/USD heads back down, what a shame.

150 - 200 pips stop loss might be better in the future.

#14     Jun 7, 2005
  5. i saw that spike.

guys, the EUR/USD just broke its 2 year uptrend, need anymore evidence of going short?

i exited at 1.2200 on my short at 1.2600. waiting for a bounce on the daily to maybe 1.24 or higher before i enter again. its due for a bounce

#15     Jun 7, 2005
  6. mhashe

mhashe

Anyone know of a free charting service where I can get the NYBOT US Dollar index (DX) quoted realtime 24/7. My current broker IB does'nt have NYBOT futures quotes.

#16     Jul 2, 2005
  7. wow, 400-points! I don't think I ever stayed in a trade for that much profit, and have kicked myself many a time for not doing so.

way to go, Nicholaf - great trade!

#17     Jul 2, 2005