EUR/USD & GBP/USD & AUD/USD Forex Trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by increasenow, Jul 13, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Yes, the numbers held, but what was your basis for making these calls? Was it simply that they were nice round numbers? Did you see some resistance on the charts?

A poster on another forum makes the claim that round numbers are great points for entry/exits because it becomes a visual draw for traders. But many times it does not become a bounce trade but support or resistance gets taken out at those levels and the prevailing trend continues. I guess what I am saying is don't get fooled by these nice round numbers as they can be trader traps.

#11     Jul 14, 2009
  2. The argument that nice round numbers are great points because it is a visual draw for traders is completely irrelevant in FX, as the specs represent such a small amount of the movement in terms of the price action.

#12     Jul 14, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

Agree, that's why I call them a trader trap.

BTW, see the loonie today? Finally broke out of it's range.

#13     Jul 14, 2009
  4. I am Short 1 GBP/USD at 1.6300 entered at 11:45am EST...

#14     Jul 14, 2009
  5. I forgot to mention...this is real/live trading (non demo trading)

#15     Jul 14, 2009
  6. cstfx

cstfx

stop in place or leaving it open?

#16     Jul 14, 2009
  7. 40 stop in place and 10 stop limit in place...are you in a trade currently?

#17     Jul 14, 2009
  8. cstfx

cstfx

only scalping (short term trading) at present, but bias is long dollar

#18     Jul 14, 2009
  9. what defines short-term? (1 minute?2,5 minutes?)
    how many trades per day?...ah so you like to short/sell EUR/USD and GBP/USD...right, cool

#19     Jul 14, 2009
  10. just got filled at 1.6290 for a 10 pip profit...cool...real/live trading (non demo trading)...I do much better with the 'non manual' trading..meaning setting orders and 'going on with life' than watching the platform...I get to 'anzy' when 'watching the screen'...best trading to you

#20     Jul 14, 2009