EUR/USD & GBP/USD & AUD/USD Forex Trading

Discussion in 'Forex' started by increasenow, Jul 13, 2009.

1. as of 2:42 pm NYC time on July 13, 2009

Bearish moves to continue for EUR/USD, GBP/USD & AUD/USD...

look for these levels to be serious resistance:

EUR/USD 1.4000

GBP/USD 1.6300

AUD/USD .7800

all of these are approaching as I type...please share your insight into these noted cross rates, any trades you might have taken as well...I am currently 'flat' in my Forex trading...thanks!

2. Your analysis is spot on. EUR/JPY should also start showing weakness too. I'm going short at 129.90 here.

3. Don't see resistance for any of these.

Though potential for quite a downward move in USD/CHF (which has already begun).

Perhaps 1.075 and less.

4. wow...did you see the EUR/USD 'literally smack off' the 1.4000 level...wow...gonna be an interesting evening into Asian and then Europe session...big moves await

5. While I agree fundamentally with the shorts, I'd prefer to have confirmation by a sharp rejection. The magnitude of the up move in equities resulted in a measly few pips of AUD movement. A month ago that would have shot the AUD to the moon. So something doesn't smell right.

6. my question is since when did the xyz/USD rates start following the US markets (SP500) like it did today...almost like a mirror..does someone know?

7. cstfx

cstfx

it's been like that for better part of a year now. Especially the commodity currencies. Which is interesting, like Ivan says, because aussie, kiwi and loonie tend to track the ES, but crude usually leads the pack, and crude was down most of today.

8. It looks like my analysis was wrong and I'm exiting at a loss. Good luck trading increasenow - you've been on a roll lately.

9. props on the gbp call !

10. thanks guys...best trading to you...

#10     Jul 14, 2009