EUR/USD Analysis

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Big,

So you combine some technical analysis with your algorithm, I see? Do you just look for things that would throw your algorithm off of the market or do you trade both?

Also, I would really like to look into being a quant. I love to experiment and would like to add it to my current knowledge of TA and PA. It would also be great for my future in trading.

How would someone get started?

#51     Jun 16, 2009
  2. Destroy as in wipe out excess supply. Perhaps I should obtain a more extensive vocab like you.

**Edit** Posting on ET from a bberry is no fun. (BBerries are horrible, go with the Iphone).

#52     Jun 16, 2009
  3. lol, perhaps. I wasn't aware the supply was limited.

#53     Jun 16, 2009
  4. Which goes to show that the Austrian School is correct in that inflation is merely the central bank increasing money supply and deflation is tightening of the money supply.

I believe there's nothing the Fed can do to maintain asset prices. They were bid up on excessive credit. The asset prices must fall to meet a "real" demand.

Then again what the hell do I know? You could put together a few of your big words and I'll look obsolete (did I spell that one right?).

If trading doesn't work out, organ-donation will always be a good profession. LOL.

#54     Jun 16, 2009
  5. dont be such a smartass atticus

i think hes right about this one. there could easily be a run INTO this dollar like the world has never seen.

long term DX charts + the historical fact that levels like this usually hold better into huge economist negativity makes it a great play risk reward wise.

the head fake of the 80 level after a 25 year dollar bear market, into huge credit unwinding is just too sweet to ignore.

the fact that the dollar rally can be so easily explained by economists (deleveraging, repatriation blah blah) is also another massive factor. Ill take the price action over some bs explanation of their bad 2008 read any day.

Disclosure: I am short eur/usd from 1.40 and aud/usd from .80 I will be adding very aggressively all the way down if it plays out as expected. first target in euro is parity, 2nd all time lows

#55     Jun 16, 2009
  6. Atticus has permission to give me a hard time, don't worry about it bro. I was a POS amigo, I deserve a lifetime of torture in a den of gheys.

No need in trying to predict the future like that (can you smell the irony? LOL). Just trade it day by day and pray that the powers that be don't put H1N1 in your multi-vitamins.

#56     Jun 16, 2009
  7. yea haha i edited it. i think its a good risk reward setup, didnt mean to sound like i 'know' the dollar is definately going ballistic lol!

if it happens i think it will be a very large move, leaving the dollar bears gobsmacked

i am aware its a high risk setup with probably over 50% chance of me being stopped out for a loss

my upside is huge though, so i think its a good spot.

#57     Jun 16, 2009
  8. The next swin low on the Gbp/Jpy will be about 7:58. Buy the dip then unload 5-7hours later. Be ready for some real carnage tomorrow. A big big move is coming.

The Euro charts are still off, I'll update you once they are in sync. (Stop PMing me Atticus, N'Sync is NOT better than Backstreet boys, you are delusional).

#58     Jun 16, 2009
  9. I believe that the run up in December on Euro/USD was a concentration of capital by the big boys who lost money. They ran it up to recoup some of their losses.

#59     Jun 16, 2009
  10. I continue to be short the EUR/USD from around 1.42's. We could see a pop up to 1.40 tomorrow or a move down to 1.36's

#60     Jun 16, 2009