EUR/USD 200pip+ move

Discussion in 'Forex' started by uninvited_guest, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Good news my trade hit the limit for +55 pips on the GBP/USD short trade. Then continued down another 100 pips by 10:30 est when I logged in. Limit was hit at 03.08 est. The GBP/USD trades have been the most profitable, then EUR/USD, USD/CAD, NZD/USD in that order.

I'm thinking of this trade while the market is trading sideways.

* GBP/USD sell.
    * GBP/USD buy.
    * 10k each.
    * STOP at -25 pips on both trades.
    * LIMIT at +125 pips on both trades.
    * Cost to enter 5 pips each (10 pips total).
    * Maybe trailing STOP instead of LIMIT
    * Maximum loss -50 pips.
    * Maximum gain +120 pips (different with trailing STOP).

#21     Oct 7, 2005
  2. OK, whoever you are...

open and close 17 trades in USD/JPY short this next week.

then post your results here.

Or, open and close 17 trades in USD/JPY either short OR long, afterwards post your results here.

we'll see who's "pathetic."

theskalper

#22     Oct 7, 2005
  3. cable

cable

Consomme is a soup. I wouldn't mess with a guy who names himself after a soup if I were you, man.... I just wouldn't.

#23     Oct 8, 2005
  4. what would prevent the trade from moving up, picking off your short stop loss then to move back down and pick off your long stop loss?

#24     Oct 8, 2005
  5. mahras2

mahras2

Hmmm interest payments are like 1-5 pips only on a 24 hour period. Doesnt seem all that hard to beat to me.

#25     Oct 8, 2005
  6. Nothing, thats why I did state maximum loss at 50 pips.

The idea behind a trade like that is to catch a stong movement in one direction without having to be glued to the computer.

#26     Oct 8, 2005
  7. Setting 2 stop orders to enter 25pts above and below the market would achieve the same result, no?

#27     Oct 8, 2005

8. I will have to check my trading platform, as far as I know I can't enter a trade to be executed at a specific price.

I have the FX Trading Station version 01.02.09.

#28     Oct 8, 2005
  9. Thanks illiquid

I just got off the live chat with RefcoFx and yes my trading platform does allow that trade. Under the ENTRY button.

The result would be far superior. Thanks.

#29     Oct 8, 2005
  10. too funny. :D

I dumped my USD/JPY short, btw - so I am out of that trade/direction completely.

(now watch it go to 105)

#30     Oct 10, 2005