Eur/jpy

Discussion in 'Forex' started by drsteph, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Godspeed!!!

#31     Oct 27, 2006
  2. Only a few mill? Gotta get up to that ten spot there so you're hanging long and strong with the boys...

#32     Oct 29, 2006
  3. I predict I will be there someday...I just know it :)

illusions of grandeur'
    ElectricDreams

#33     Oct 29, 2006
  4. arco

arco

Follow up chart (see page 2)

[​IMG]

regards - arco

#34     Nov 9, 2006
  5. arco

arco

Asked about carry trades, in which investors borrow cheaply in yen and use the funds to invest in higher-yielding currencies, Fukui said the BOJ was cautious about the risk of a sharp unwinding of the trades when the market's expectations of interest rates change.
    He said the yen's low interest rates are helping to swell the carry trade and his staff is still trying to determine how big the phenomenon has grown.
    "If the size is very big and expectations for (global) interest rate movements change suddenly, there are substantial risks of a sharp unwinding that could cause various distortions, so we are watching this with vigilance," Fukui said. "We need to communicate with markets to make sure they don't find our monetary policy a surprise."
    The yen carry trade has been cited as a factor behind the yen's recent weakness, as players sell their borrowed yen to buy other currencies.
    The yen edged slightly higher against the dollar and the euro after Fukui's comments on the carry trade, which came as the Japanese currency was trading near a record low against the euro.

#35     Nov 10, 2006
  6. EUR/JPY
    Now 151.1
    That 150.8 I think i days Low
    Wait a bit to short at 151.7

#36     Nov 13, 2006