Eur/jpy

Discussion in 'Forex' started by drsteph, Oct 21, 2006.

1. I was buying from 15 all the way down to 1225, been a long road back! Long eur/aud too from 1.665 avg. Nibbling at chf/usd here, as well as cad/usd. Should be interesting, hopefully the exotics stay exotic!

#21     Oct 27, 2006
  2. Fred,

you must excuse me, had a little editing problem...

What do you think about the GBP/CHF...do you trade that?

Michael B.

#22     Oct 27, 2006
  3. No, i trade eur/jpy, usd/chf, usd/cad, gbp/jpy, aud/nzd, eur/aud, cad/jpy, and eur/gbp. The eur/jpy is more of an investment trade than the others with the exception of aud/nzd which has been a long one too. I'm usually in a trade for a week or so seems to be the average length. I try not to gang up on one currency in particular to reduce exposure. These 8 seem to do the trick for me.

#23     Oct 27, 2006
  4. I like your style :) The EUR/GBP actually is an inverse correlation of the GBP/CHF. I trade the AUD/NZD and the USD/CAD and the EUR/JPY also...and I do not gang up on the exposure either and it seems that I am in a trade for about a week also...hehe

I have some other things I trade too...but trying to focus...

#24     Oct 27, 2006
  5. #25     Oct 27, 2006
  6. Damn...good job...documented 1008% whew...and no one got near you...(maybe I am on the right track after all)

#26     Oct 27, 2006
  7. Thanks again! I was actually up that in 4 days and sat on the account for the other 6 trading days because I knew I had it locked up. I also took 3rd in thei prior contest and should have been 1st as well with over 2000% but I had an incredibly stupid eur/usd trade in the account that ate up a majority of my other gains. That's one reason I don't trade that monkey pairing anymore!!!

#27     Oct 27, 2006
  8. The rules said you need 25 trades right?

#28     Oct 27, 2006
  9. Yes, but for me it was one trade broken down into 25 lots :D Technically for the statement it was 25 one lot trades!

#29     Oct 27, 2006
  10. How is that for renewed volatility in EUR/JPY ? (I sold a few mill and started the cascade...:))

#30     Oct 27, 2006