Eur/gbp (top)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by riskfreetrading, Dec 5, 2008.

1. 4XQs

4XQs

I believe this baby will reach parity before anyone thinks, and have done something I haven't done in a long time. I've just longed the pair at 0.9480 and will hold it throughout Christmas and into next year - looking to get out at 1. My stop will be a trendline break.

#61     Dec 23, 2008
  2. dhpar

dhpar

i thought you were still short from 0.79 level you shithead. of course if you short on this thread every day one day you will be right (maybe) - but what's the point.

#62     Dec 23, 2008
  3. OVVO

OVVO

That is why at the very least, people should post their trades on collective2 or some other venue to be held accountable. This forum is not suitable for position/call monitoring.

Aside from the occaisional scalp, the original thesis (eur/gbp top) was premature by 1000 pips.

A discussion on the economics of why one thinks it may be a top is a better demonstration of the capacity of this thread.

#63     Dec 23, 2008
  4. dhpar

dhpar

exactly. you certainly know how to be diplomatic...:)

#64     Dec 23, 2008
  5. 4XQs

4XQs

The EURGBP is shaping like a triangle waiting to explode to the upside - resistance at 0.9550 and a very healthy trendline of support. Should be an interesting end to the year.

#65     Dec 23, 2008
  6. I check it a couple hours ago, and the position was making 50 PIPS already.

What is the top since I shorted it? I am positive that is was the top within few pips since I have shorted it.

Could someone post a chart of it since 12:23PM?

#66     Dec 23, 2008
  7. why you did not wait for you to move back? You bought it in area of today's top?

I shorted it when it was around 0.9495/0.95 (bid/ask on this pair was around 4 or 5 pips). It seems a bit too wide.

#67     Dec 23, 2008
  8. Do they charge anything for making calls on collective2? Do I gain anything? Do they accept calls made by a human?

#68     Dec 23, 2008
  9. OVVO

OVVO

Yes they charge. There may be other sites that offer similar services for free, I just blurted the first that came to mind.

You gain an undisputable record to your calls, far more accurate (to the pip actually).

Yes, the overwhelming majority of "systems" are discretionary trades based on the vendor's signals (whatever the hell they use to generate them). Very few are fully automated networks.

Example, you could refer to your "system" of picking a eur/gbp top and refer us to a detailed entry and exit with all sorts of metrics to illustrate the efficiency of your calls. From that you could use this forum to explain the "why" behind your calls.

It is just an exercise in futulity trying to accomplish all of that in a blog. Come to think of it, perhaps ET should incorporate this function into their site directly.

#69     Dec 23, 2008
  10. 4XQs

4XQs

You know, couldn't sleep (Europe) and just logged on and changed my mind completely. I definitely think it's ready for 100-200 pip drop before it breaks up - so much so that I'll reverse my position. I'll probably take around 30 pip loss now, but pos size was for 1-2 weeks so it's no biggie.

#70     Dec 23, 2008