Eur/gbp (top)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by riskfreetrading, Dec 5, 2008.

1. OVVO

OVVO

That's what makes a market :D

The only one I am down on is EUR/USD. The others have more than offset those losses. Best of luck.

#41     Dec 10, 2008
  2. Thanks Ivan. You are right, I checked eur/usd and indeed it looks like this pair is mirroring what is happening here.

I have scalped it, so I have some profits to shoulder things if I were wrong.

I think if I knew what you just wrote, I could take more from my scalps.

I am going to take half of what I sold as it is already showing 20 PIPS profits.

Thanks very much!

PS: readers: I refer to Ivan as Mr. Forex!

#42     Dec 10, 2008
  3. My entry was at about 0.8795.

Pair is now at 0.8763 at 12:33PM.

I am taking half of short off. Profit around 30 PIPS. I am leaving the second on to avoid regrets!

The 30 pips should correspond to only 15 PIPS (for overall size).

Cumulative profits to be calculated later. It is around 195 to 200 PIPS.

Given that I have now only half the original size, my cost basis/breakeven on what remains is close to 400 PIPS higher than my latest short at about 0.8795.

Thanks to all who warned me! Great advice. It keeps me in check of myself.

I am going back to stocks now. I will comment later.

#43     Dec 10, 2008
  4. 7:12PM: eur/gbp at 0.8698 I am putting the half size I took off earlier today back. Ideally I should wait until a possible revisit of 0.8820 area (20 pips higher), but I do not have time to watch it, and also there is no guarantee it would revisit that level. Since I took 30PIPS profits on this half earlier, and have 200 PIPS profits realized on this since starting this thread, I could not take my hand off this pair.

I may disappointing those who warned and/or adviced me, but I am back to my original thinking.

Cumulative Profits: 200 PIPS.
    Realized losses: none
    Unrealized profits: none or a little plus.
    Unrealized losses: none (for the moment).

Time is 7:17PM as I hit the buttom to submit this post.

#44     Dec 10, 2008
  5. I looked at some pairs over the weekend, this pair caught my eyes. Also AUD/NZD caught my eyes.

Try AUD/NZD if it is about the area of 1.2275. Some sort of cap in that area, but I have not looked at it since weekend. Also, I did not know much about NZD, so i skipped it.

#45     Dec 10, 2008
  6. Just realized you also asked about lots.

I do not move markets, that is for sure. A cash-poor (hopefully knowledge rich ?) guy trying to get some cash from the richer people, and have some fun with friends in here doing, and if I were to win and you were to join me and are richer than me then you will make more than me. I would love hearing about you making more money than I do.

If you have some dough under the mattress or other lazy/injured capital, and you do not hate what you see from RFT, PM me and a deal we shall discuss. No problem with RFT! :p

#46     Dec 10, 2008
  7. dhpar

dhpar

does not build you a reputation to stop posting when the trade goes against you. i thought we may learn something from your trading - nobody really cares how many pips you make.

i guess you will say something like you were stopped out on your last trade at brake even anyway. who cares. gl

#47     Dec 11, 2008
  8. The AUD/NZD is a beast all it's own.

#48     Dec 11, 2008
  9. zdreg

zdreg

point well taken.. if someone can help you make money one should overlook the negatives of that person.

#49     Dec 12, 2008
  10. OM, EUR should be even stronger because Europe must be in a much better situation than the UK.

#50     Dec 12, 2008