Eur/gbp (top)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by riskfreetrading, Dec 5, 2008.

1. just21

just21

Uk is printing money, quantative easing, while Germany is not. Ireland is cutting expenditure. There are good reasons for the fall in the pound against everything.

#31     Dec 10, 2008
  2. is not trading the EUR/GBP a "spread trade" in that it moves in the direction of an "equation" of greater weakness or greater strength of the EUR/USD or GBP/USD...there has to be some correlation there?...can someone add insight here...thanks...

#32     Dec 10, 2008
  3. dhpar

dhpar

you are either joking or you have no clue what you are talking about.

#33     Dec 10, 2008
  4. actually, Ivanovich is one of the most insightful Forex traders on ET

#34     Dec 10, 2008
  5. No doubt. But Germany is not the whole of the EU - a large part, most assuredly. But there are some frighteningly bad problems in places like Italy and Spain right now. Not the least of which is backing of debt.

Again, you don't have to agree with me. I'm merely stating my opinions.

#35     Dec 10, 2008
  6. OVVO

OVVO

That's why the play is...

Short EUR/USD
    Short GBP/USD
    Long EUR/GBP

#36     Dec 10, 2008
  7. 11:39AM: I just checked the account. I got stopped out with 20PIPS profit when eur/gbp went back to 0.8758 area,

I am going to analyze it soon, and decided whether to go back in.

#37     Dec 10, 2008
  8. 12:05PM: I did a quick analysis. It is stronger than I thought, BUT I AM BACK IN!

I have made some 180PIPS on it as profits to should any possible losses.

Pair is now around 0.88. It is a round number, and would look good for a top if it were to happen.

I also noticed that many people posted. I have not read your posts it, as I am also in the battlefield of stock trading. So, I have to fight two battles at the same time!

#38     Dec 10, 2008
  9. It's an expression, but you knew that. The same applies to tops, of course. Btw, please stop refering to yourself in the 3rd person. It makes me when to crush your face. :p

#39     Dec 10, 2008
  10. I disagree. I think the play is

Long EUR/USD
    Flat GBP/USD
    Long EUR/GBP

#40     Dec 10, 2008