EUR.COM for sale - IB Business opportunity

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Mahouni, Nov 14, 2007.

1. why don't you buy it then? :eek:

#11     Nov 16, 2007
  2. Because the business of one word domains is way beyond me, the original poster is targeting a very small unique group of investors. I did sell a 3 word .com through the ET classifieds 1 year ago and own 3 low value domains at this time.

#12     Nov 16, 2007
  3. #13     Nov 16, 2007
  4. Mahouni

Mahouni

Haha best laughs I've had in a long time.

Okay lets start. First off.

Htrader: Man, why did you have to post my information to public forums? So I get bunch of spam?
    And I can't be finnish, because there is only polar bears in Finland? And polar bears don't speak english, right? :D:D

I have owned this domain for 3 months.

wwatson1: Yes, euro.com might be worth just a little bit more. But a good rule-of-thumb is the shorter the name, more value it holds. And when it has a meaning, it's gonna be worth a lot of money. Besides eur.com would attract more forex traders. If you visit it one time it almost impossible to forget, think about it. Every domain from 2-4 characters has been registered. The most ever got from sale of a domain name was 3 characters. Sex.com. It sold for 12,000,000$. Just the domain. It was parked.

Check http://www.3character.com/. The site is little outdated, but will get the picture.

You have to remember that I'm going to get that 80,000-100,000$ either way you want it or not. And it's going straight back to domains.

forex-forex: It's nice to see that someone here maintains his professionalism. I'm actually pretty impressed about your knowledge. Did you actually get a good price from here?

I actually started trading domains after I read that artcile about Kevin Ham. And I've made probably more money than every hater in this thread combined together.

You're absolutely right on the fact that this is extremely small target group I'm trying to sell. They need both throughout knowledge of forex, domain industry and web marketing. And resources ofcourse. I noticed that most on this forum actually lack all of these qualities.

And the last but not the least:.

alpha-beta-blah: You failed miserably. Haha let me guess: Google-> web traffic > alexa
    I mean come on dude :D that must be the least amount of research I've seen in my history of forum postings(almost at least). Read http://www.alexa.com/site/help/traffic_learn_more then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexa_Toolbar. I'm actually interested if you have one? So go back to your corner and be ashemed that you ever steped your foot on this thread.

I've noticed that my effort of promotion in this thread is waste of time. If anybody knows a good tip to end end-user forex traders, give me a hint. I already have a professional domain broker to market it to professional domain investor. It has been fairly successful but in order to get the best of the price I need someone who knows the forex side of the thing.

And for haters. I mean get a grip of life. You may some day make it out of your mommas basement, hopefully.

#14     Nov 16, 2007
  5. yes, that ramble makes us trust you are the real deal. Get lost

#15     Nov 16, 2007
  6. Thanks for the reply, i thought as much, having met some fellas who know about this stuff.
    You make some good points, about the potential of such a domain name, but-i dont think the example "sex" .com is that valid.

Sort of a "feild of dreams" pricing, its all about content, right, and this site has zero?
    A solid domain name amounts to "goodwill" pricing in business, or the "premium " for a business name, in this iinstance, just a name, without much business.

Thanks for your reply, you know, i would hate to guess what, in the right hands, something like this COULD be worth, i agree it would suck for it to fall into an agglomeration of an indiscrimanatory webmaster, with no clue at all.
    Just the price, maybe, would only appeal to someone with a vast internet business, AND a burning need to churn financial content , with the referall biz that goes with it, obviously thats why your here.

Best of luck with your sale.

#16     Nov 16, 2007
  7. Mahouni

Mahouni

Thank you for stating your opinion while maintaining professionalism.

Sex.com, I think is a brilliant example of a domain with no content is sold just based on it's traffic and brand value. No content was ever in that site, besides ads. Of course it's in other planet compared to eur.com. But so is the price.

It has nothing to do with content. If I had a business already established here, I wouldn't be selling it or if I was, the number would be increased at least ten times. Depending on revenue of course.

Other fine examples includes Vodka.com sold at 3,000,000$. Around same amount of traffic. And no significant content. You can find tons of these examples in dnjournal.com ytd sales.

Rememer that those are just tip of the iceberg. Only domain sales reported there. Most of the transctions are private.

People should wake up from the good old days when you could just register a prime name. There's a real estate business out there that you aren't even awere of.

It may not be important to a avarage-joe, but it surely is for multi-milion dollar companies being founded or trying to step in to internet market.

Peace out.

#17     Nov 16, 2007
  8. Mahouni

Mahouni

Yes, that constat trolling you're practicing has never worked for you, hasn't it? That's why none of US thinks you're the real deal.

I apologize, for everyone else taking part in this thread, behalf of all the trollers.

#18     Nov 16, 2007
    #19     Nov 16, 2007
  10. Manni

Manni

Why dont you auction it on afternic.com

#20     Nov 16, 2007