EUR/AUD

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Ivanovich, Mar 20, 2006.

1. OfmY

OfmY

I know that emotionally one "big" loss can lead to really twice-three times bigger loss or margin call eventually.

Ivan, ask your emotions - do they need a rest for $1000 month or ten times bigger fee of fx extream jorney for your SLs :D

#11     Mar 24, 2006
  2. Not sure I follow you, but I don't honestly get emotional about it. Sure, I'm feeling a bit defeated, but that's life. I'm not about to throw a strategy that has been winning consecutively for 14 months straight into the wind just because of one stupid month.

I'll be just peachy. I just need a break. And since I live in Puerto Rico and the beach is right across the street from my condo, I'm just gonna take a week's vacation (from the real job AND the market) and come back in April ready to do the deed.

#12     Mar 24, 2006
  3. mahras2

mahras2

I see a lot of typing but not enough substance.

As a yardstick use the following: If you have posted an annual return 2-3 times your max drawdown, you have performed well. Thus, if your maxDD for the year was 5%, a return of 10-15% can be considered to be respectable. I am not the only one who uses the following yardstick, PTJ uses it as well.

I dont know of any record in which 20+% returns were achieved with 1% being max. losing month.

#13     Mar 24, 2006
  4. mahras2

mahras2

You contradict your own statements. Why would you even have to close a losing trade when your system can never lose even once? (as if such a thing existed)

#14     Mar 24, 2006
  5. And I don't know of any record of substance gained by a trader who ends up bagged.

x

#15     Mar 24, 2006
  6. mahras2

mahras2

I know all this. I pointed out to the fact that you contradicted your statements which makes you look foolish.

And nice try trying to get Ivan to give up his strategy to you. I respect Ivan because he has had the guts to call his trades as they comes, post his 2005 trading results (which were 6 figure winnings: http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60847), and has been helpful to countless individuals. Secondly I dont see why you are all after Ivan for losing a trade. A good trader knows that there are hot and cold streaks. Considering he had only two losing months since starting to trade FX, he probably knows what in the world he is doing.

Good luck trying to take other people's systems.

Want to prove your credibility as a system developer? Show us your statements, start a journal, call your trades. And no a demo account doesn't count.

#16     Mar 24, 2006
  7. Cheers, Maharas. A good 80-85% of the traders here know you're speaking the gospel. The problem is you picked one of the 15% of the others to preach it to. I don't usually respond to Skalpz/Coinz/Whateverz because rarely does he have anything borderline intellectual to say.

Skalpz or "X", etc., ad infinitum - I appreciate you offering to take the time to analyze my trading system, and I apologize if I seem critical. Just know that I would be equally critical of a twelve year-old offering to give a surgeon lessons on "how to cut better".

Fact of the matter is that you forget I've seen you in "action", and I'm horrified of your trading method (as most are who witness it).

So let's do this: You continue to do...whatever it is you're doing, and I'll continue to have one bad month every fourteen. Savy?

-Ivan

#17     Mar 25, 2006
  8. OfmY

OfmY

Sounds good. I remember was watching Puerto Rico at google earth...nice area...and bitch :) But I don't think that it's a good time to take a rest now...FOMC, GDP (US & CA), JP (CPI) and probably coming Yuan move next week...to much to be outside of.

I don't like when the market goes against me, but I really-really hate when it moves without me.

But on the other hand, especially FOMC, so much volatility and liquidity can make nothing but propellers in coming week.

If I were the one-armed economist that can't say on the other hand :D

Have a nice weekend!!!

#18     Mar 25, 2006
  9. Chood

Chood

Humor. No message encoded. Although Exchanges found one it appears, witness his "blood pit" remark. Maybe he's Spawn of Coinz.

#19     Mar 25, 2006
  10. He posted nothing.

I see no snapshot of an actual account P/L. All I see there is numbers he wrote.

Like this:

Year 2005:

Month.............Interest...............P/L
    January..........100 ..........1100.
    February.........1,000,000............1,001,100

Total for 2005...1,000,000,000,000,000,000.

If you want call that reality it's up to you.

And whoever you want to respect, that's up to you, too.

Take it lightly,

x

#20     Mar 25, 2006