EU to cease buying Iranian crude oil

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, Jan 4, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, wonderful. I'm sure it'll end well for all involved.

3. pspr

pspr

They're cornered now. Somethings got to give soon.

4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't know TT, it seems preferable to overt military action don't you think?

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You don't think this will just cause overt military action? The Iranian Government will gladly choose war (even war they cannot win) over loss of face.

And, incidentally, the EU has only agreed in principle to no longer buying Iranian crude. Let's see it happen first.

6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

When we cut Japan off from Dutch East Indies oil they attacked Pearl Harbor... and captured the Dutch East Indies (my grandpa was captured on Sumatra). I have to admit it could cause Iran to lash out but they don't have the Imperial Japanese Navy or anything so formidable.

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

They could stop developing nuclear weapons (shrug).

8. pspr

pspr

I think they would rather starve everyone in Iran first. (They learned that from N.K.)

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Doesn't matter. Lives will be lost because politicians have to play their games.

10. achilles28

achilles28

On the flip side, the Iraqi Oil Embargo in the 90's killed half a million children. Saddam and his crew went untouched. The better way is outright assassination of top Government leadership. But that breaks the unwritten rule amongst globalist mob bosses - they don't target their own. Better to wage war through proxies (citizens, aka pawns), and pile up the body bags. More fun.

And that's not to say I endorse targeting the Mullahs. As far as terror goes, much of the supposed provocations for our recent wars, were based on lies. So who's terrorizing who, exactly? Two wrongs don't make a right, and the Mullahs have blood on their hands, too. Let the Israelis deal with them. We paint Israel like some defenseless Maiden, and we must charge to her rescue. Israel could take on the entire middle east, if they wanted.

The problem with war-mongers, is they see an Imperial Japan or Nazi Germany, behind every Iran or North Korea. The difference is economic and industrial capacity. Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan? These are all third-world shit holes. Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were industrial and military powerhouses. Big difference. Of course, nobody bothers to mention that small detail when it comes time to beat the drums of war.

#10     Jan 4, 2012