EU poll: Israel 'biggest threat' to world peace

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Copernicus, Jan 17, 2004.

1. I wouldnt call europeans whack jobs..,why because they have a different approach to politics ? and why would eastern europe not count as europe?

#11     Jan 18, 2004
    #12     Jan 18, 2004
  3. Babak

Babak

ArchAngel,

I totally understand what you are saying. I suppose I used those words because I was trying to communicate that there is indeed a resurgence of anti-Israeli and anti-Jew thoughts.

Just last month I was travelling and met a lovely couple from a former Soviet bloc country (now Eastern Europe). We got to talking and one thing lead to another (honestly I don't remember how) and they mentioned that they were very bothered by what they were seeing happen in their country.

They said that there is a fringe group that is gaining more and more popular press coverage and their alarming message is basically that there is a huge Jew conspiracy in the world and everything can be blamed on them. All the ills of the world.

They, being educated, understood the fallacy of this but they told me that sadly this was a very pervasive feeling or zietgeist sweeping their whole country! The young woman was even saddened that her own parents had bought this hook-line and sinker.

Now, I know this is just an anecdote. But I believe it does touch on something that is very real. And that is what I was trying to communicate.

Therefore, the results of this poll don't surprise me at all.

#13     Jan 18, 2004

4. It does, geographically. However, attitudes, values and beliefs are, at least in my experience, different here than in western europe.

#14     Jan 19, 2004
  5. I wouldnt call europeans whack jobs..,why because they have a different approach to politics ? and why would eastern europe not count as europe?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does, geographically. However, attitudes, values and beliefs are, at least in my experience, different here than in western europe.

hell yeah, every country is unique. but its still a united europe!
    unless You are talkign about the former soviet republics... then u might have a point

#15     Jan 19, 2004

6. United???

Ever been to the Balkans dude?

#16     Jan 20, 2004
  7. msfe

msfe

#17     Jan 21, 2004

8. Precisely, dickhead.

That is why I questioned whether eastern europe was being included in the "Europe" under discussion.

#18     Jan 21, 2004
  9. msfe

msfe

this "discussion" is about a EU poll ... dickhead

"the Balkans" are neither EU members nor "Eastern Europe" ... dickhead

#19     Jan 21, 2004
  10. Oh, right, the Balkans aren't in eastern europe anymore? When did that happen?

Did you check out the context of my original reference to eastern europe before wading in to set us all straight? Dickhead.

#20     Jan 21, 2004