EU goes east.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by spect8or, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Just wanted to alert my American friends here that after tonight the EU will be 10 countries and 75 million people bigger.

Yes, I know many of you think Europe stopped being relevant a long time ago (or maybe only since they rejected the war in iraq), but 455 million people presents a pretty hefty economic (and political) block.

Historic enlargement

2. Yep good post!
    And it didn't take another war to get them in. Europe may end up second place up there after china as an economic power. We seem to be falling behind.. time will tell

3. I currently have a sizable short EUR/USD position (not my biggest ever held) so I need the price to go down, nevertheless from what I read, this will make the EU the biggest economy on earth now - surpassing the USA.

In addition, a little talked about fact is that the EU has sanctions against the USA that have really yet to take effect.

(*wondering where the comedy is in all this* - oh well, I did watch the MJ courthouse appearance. That was pretty comical.)

He "loves Santa Maria." That should completely vindicate him right there - case dismissed.

to