EU futures broker with low margin requirement

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by 553FO2H718, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Do you know any EU regulated broker which offers low (~$500) daytrade margin on CME futures? Something like AMP or Apex Futures but in the EU.

2. met1989

met1989

the margin requirements are directly from the exchange no broker can ask for less

3. Then how is it possible that many US futures brokers offers SP500 e-mini and EUR futures for $500 while EU brokers requires at least $1,000-$2,000?

4. schweiz

schweiz

Why you want a EU broker? I live in Europe and always had US brokers without any problem.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. cvds16

cvds16

yes they can for intraday ... but I don't understand why you would want an EU-broker ? Why not just go with an American broker

6. Today I heard an unofficial news from my broker that ESMA is going to prohibit EU residents from opening brokerage accounts with companies which are not regulated in the EU. This basically means that we'll only be able to use EU brokerage companies. According to them this new rule will be announced within six months.

7. 6wives

6wives

...unlikely.They already messed with margins if they do this too then we are f****d

8. schweiz

schweiz

There are changes:
    • new regulations for forex (lower leverages)
    • ban on binary options
    • restrictions on CFD's
    but I see nothing about futures ES.

I think ESMA wants all brokers that are active under the regulation of ESMA, to lower leverages. But you can without any problem go to an offshore broker or a registered US broker. Europeans are not forced to take a European broker.
    Apparently dozens of brokers are already moving offshore to avoid losing clients to US brokers that accept higher leverages.

But one of the most controversial measures laid down by ESMA is the requirement for member firms to make clear and open percentage loss disclosures. So finally we will know how many traders lose money.