EU constitution vote

Discussion in 'Forex' started by sKaLpZ, May 26, 2005.

1. Hayek

Hayek

How about Liberals's fate in near term? USD/CAD have dropped more than 1% today. What happened?

BTW, may you recommend some specific Canadian News or Business News websites to us. I only know ottawabusinessjournal.com and read general news from Yahoo!.

Thank you, Max.

#11     May 27, 2005
  2. Well i have Quebecers information journals. I don't even have a clue what is happening in this country past Ontario :) I doubt it would help you....

Libareals are like emperor Palpatine, they will corrupt everyone they need to corrupt and will manage to stay in power no matter how hard the Jedi from Quebec tries to overthrow them!

Actually in 1995 we (the separatists) lost the referendum by 50000 votes only. And the Liberals shoveled masses of immigrants in Montréal, between 100000 and 200000, and granted them citisenship so they can vote against us.

Everything is coming out in the news now. That's what is happening, old shit from 10 years ago coming out.

#12     May 28, 2005
  3. xianzai

xianzai

It would be cool if the separatists win a referendum, we'd have a permanent currency to short, the $Q.

#13     May 28, 2005
  4. Sure our new currency would drop like hell for a time. Which is good for a new born small country to make it's place in the world.

But people here want to keep the CAD anyway, even if i think it's a bad idea.

#14     May 28, 2005
  5. It's official.

France rejects it. :D

Source.

ts

#15     May 29, 2005
  6. it's so stupid the politicians kept up the propaganda, while everyone knows no country's people is gonna vote for such a thing

#16     May 29, 2005
  7. yeah, kind of a funny thing... eur/usd tanked and tanked before the official announcement - I even closed a short for over 50-pts.

then when the news came I figured my longs were toast, instead the price retraced! :D

ts

#17     May 29, 2005
  8. [source]

I know as much about the "European Union Constitution" as I do about the outer layers of dirt on the surface of Mars.

But, if France is causing a problem for the Union, why don't they just drop France out and return that country to its own currency and independent economy?

No more France, no more stone in the Union's shoe.

Um... right?

#18     May 31, 2005
  9. To tell the truth, no other country submitted the treaty to a popular vote. Except Holland, and they are going to vote "no".

#19     May 31, 2005
  10. So what are you saying, that Europe suddenly has 50 cracks? And the euro is toast?

#20     May 31, 2005