ET's political forum has gone lunatic fringe

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Thunderdog, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jem

jem

I rest my case - thunderdog is one of the most spirited whack jobs in the political forums.

#11     Mar 23, 2009
  2. Just take a closer look at the characters on your side of the divide to get a better idea of who is what.

#12     Mar 24, 2009
  3. Apparently Thunderdog was too busy posting 20 times a day/too narcissistic, to actually reacd the politics forum where the only thing getting posted day after day for the last 7 years was about bush being involved in 911.

Plus a guy who comes to a trading site even though he has never even placed a single trade bitching about the substance on the trading site seems pretty stupid, doesnt it?

#13     Mar 24, 2009
  4. And so continues the mindless thuggery that diminishes the overall site, quite apart from the traffic that it generates.

Baron, have you considered creating a separate site devoted entirely to political hackery for self-proclaimed traders? It may well be an idea whose time has come.

#14     Mar 24, 2009
  5. You do know there are other online political forums don't you? Just type in liberal forums. You can find tons of people who agree with your views and you might even like those people that is if you even have the ability of liking people.

However bitching on here about the forums not being ideal only makes yourself look childish and emotionally unstable.

Are you really this depressed and outraged by the fact that you don't like the political forum?

It's like your stuck on an island and the only website you can view is elitetrader.com. Jesus use google buddy.

So in the words of all who love you here thunderdog- Just fucking leave you little bitch.

#15     Mar 24, 2009
  6. Is this one of your "debates?"

#16     Mar 24, 2009
  7. You are mentally distraught about the quality of an online political forum. How much more of a little wimp/bitch can you be?

I can't even begin to imagine how bad your life must be in order to get upset about a political forum on a trading website.

#17     Mar 24, 2009
  8. The Lord of Debate has spoken.

#18     Mar 24, 2009
  9. Are you FUCKING INSANE?

You are the Poster Boy for people posting NOTHING BUT political crap in lieu of Trading content on this site.

I just looked through your posting history. You've made almost 500 posts this month with every single one of them either in P&R or Chit Chat except for your bashing poll on ET member intelligence which you conveniently placed in the un-moderated Education forum where it errantly remains.

In almost 8000 posts I don't think you've made 50 that are trading related and none of which that were even remotely helpful to traders seeking to increase their knowledge or expand their craft.

So to use some pretty simplistic logic: Since there's already a plethora of message boards devoted exclusively to politics and since on this Trading message board you post NOTHING related to trading, the question is why are you here?

#19     Mar 24, 2009
  10. I do think that one of us may well have sanity issues. And if I may clarify, I don't post political crap. Rather, I point a finger at it. And there you are.

I have little to add to trading related matters, as I had already written all I'm prepared to share and have done so more than once. Perhaps a few people found something useful in what I shared and probably most people did not. However, I do recall that you had commended some of my posts in the past when I had written them. It would have been a while back, and so I am disinclined to seek them out. But you know that you did.

Back to the present, I guess I feel like that fabled kid who put his finger in the dike to keep the water at bay, only I'm dealing with a somewhat more toxic secretion. I suppose that I had thought ET was worth salvaging, and I think a number of us have been trying to provide some balance along with some intellectual honesty and integrity. But, alas, the dike has crumbled slowly but surely, and ET's spoilage continues and progresses. And you, Kurt, are loving it. Congratulations.

#20     Mar 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.