ET'rs Budget Committee

Discussion in 'Politics' started by seneca_roman, Oct 27, 2011.

1. http://www.salon.com/2011/08/09/perry_benefited_from_federal_farm_subsidies/

Rick Perry opposes federal payments he once received

The Texas governor decries the sort of government programs that gave him $80,000 as a farmer

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, in stressing his opposition to “out of control Washington spending,” disagrees with federal subsidies to the agriculture industry. But this wasn’t always so. In fact, as a farmer himself, he embraced federal agriculture programs and personally benefited from farm subsidies to the tune of $80,000.

As the Austin American Statesman reports, when Perry was running for the state’s agriculture commissioner position in 1990, he had strong words about the farm subsidies that had helped his 40-acre farm:

“I’ve participated in the program as a producer. My neighbors participate. I know what would happen to rural areas of Texas if these programs were discontinued. I do not support such an action,” Perry then said.

latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-bachmann-20110626,0,1896024.story

Bachmann's had her share of government aid

The fiscal conservative from Minnesota and 2012 presidential contender has benefited personally from federal funds and federal farm subsidies.

By Melanie Mason and Matea Gold, Washington Bureau

June 26, 2011

Reporting from Washington

Rep. Michele Bachmann has been propelled into the 2012 presidential contest in part by her insistent calls to reduce federal spending, a pitch in tune with the big-government antipathy gripping many conservatives.

But the Minnesota Republican and her family have benefited personally from government aid, an examination of her record and finances shows. A counseling clinic run by her husband has received nearly $30,000 from the state ofMinnesota in the last five years, money that in part came from the federal government. A family farm in Wisconsin, in which the congresswoman is a partner, received nearly $260,000 in federal farm subsidies.

#11     Oct 27, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are you actually delusional enough to think you can convince anyone with a brain to vote Odumbo?

#12     Oct 27, 2011
  3. Wasn't trying, just pointing the hypocrisy of conservatives like yourself

#13     Oct 27, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

[​IMG]

When i saw this chart you posted it looked oddly familiar to(chart posted above) something that ED Schultz keeps posting on his program. Except his chart is the Average household income of the top 1%. Seems like the two graphs are moving lock step with each other which would lead me to believe the rich are infact paying their "fair share," As government spending per pupil seems to have gone parabolic right along side average income for the top 1%. Once again it is a case of the government pissing the money away with no results.

What is also strange is that the literacy levels dont move, and neither do the average incomes. Dont know which one is the leader here, but if you had the charts sized out identically you could put one chart on top of the other and you would never know the difference. Maybe the flatlining income for the bottom 99% has to do with the fact that the bottom 99% simply are not educated enough to compete in the 21st century. Time to start blaming teachers for the income gap.

#14     Oct 27, 2011
  5. my congressperson christine noem is the same way. she is a farmer and has taken down nice subsidy checks for years. now she rails about government spending.

"The property has also received $3,058,152 in USDA farm subsidies from 1995 through 2009.[10] Over the years, Noem added a hunting lodge and restaurant to the property, and all of her siblings have moved back to assist in expanding the businesses.[5]"

#15     Oct 27, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

If you'd point out some of the massive democrats hypocrisy you might gain some credibility back.

#16     Oct 27, 2011

7. Eliminate the NBA ???? WTF

#17     Oct 27, 2011
  8. Mercor

Mercor

At least get some affirmative action program going before all the whites are excluded from the game.
    Given all the talk these days about everyone paying their fair share.
    They need to sit qualified players so some rank white guy can play.

#18     Oct 27, 2011
  9. most of the stadiums are built with public money.

#19     Oct 27, 2011
  10. +1 The parasite class has proven to be a lousy investment.

#20     Oct 27, 2011