Etrade's Prop. trading dept.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by akim119, May 2, 2003.

1. akim119

akim119

Does anyone out there know anything about Etrade's prop. trading divsion? I am currently working for a prop. firm now and my friend told me about a prop. trading dept. at Etrade in NYC. I never heard about it until now and was thinking about checking it out. Anyone else hear about this?

2. they took over Momentum trading - do not know what the plans are for the prop division going forward ????

3. kobyco

kobyco

4. If and/or when we ever have another bull market again, they will be the leader in the industry.

What do you think Don?

5. i am certain that e*trade professional capital base is much higher than any of the other typical prop firms. the question is--- will there be enough public interest in the equity market for them to continue with all the overhead ? the shrine they built for trading on madison in NYC is obviously not inexpensive to maintain, etc. i certainly give them credit for keeping the faith in the day trading phenomena during this time.

all the best,

surfer:)

6. gaj

gaj

i thought they closed the one on madison a couple weeks ago? could have sworn it was on the nyc local newscast..

7. WOW ! that is huge news, if you can get the details it would be great.

thanks !

8. trader3

trader3

9. #10     May 4, 2003