Etrade. Safe or not?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by barnetda, Nov 12, 2007.

1. I'd check that 0% if I were you. That's like going to a party and saying you dind't hit the punch bowl. I've heard they got a little tipsy.

#31     Nov 12, 2007
  2. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

MR BART.... I ALSO HAVE AN E TRADE ACCOUNT..

IF YOUR WORRIED OPEN AN ETRADE BANK ACCOUNT 5 PERCENT INTEREST AND IS FDIC INSURED...

MOVE THE MONEY FROM THE BROKER TO THE ETRADE BANK..

I HAVE NOT DONE THIS, BUT DO HAVE AN ETRADE BANK ACCOUNT

#32     Nov 12, 2007
  3. GTC

GTC

From E-trade:
    "11/12/07 An Important Message for E*TRADE Customers

To all E*TRADE FINANCIAL customers:
    November 12, 2007
    This is a challenging time for the financial services industry. Bad news in the credit, housing, and stock markets continues to dominate and E*TRADE is not immune to these market conditions.

However, you, our customers, should know that we continue to be well capitalized by regulatory standards. As a matter of fact, we could absorb an immediate write down in excess of $1 billion and still remain well capitalized. Nobody knows for certain what the ultimate impact will be from these markets, but it is our expectation that news in the market will get worse before it gets better and, armed with these expectations, we are taking prudent measures to effectively manage the company's balance sheet.

We will continue to earn your confidence, providing state-of-the-art asset protection, including E*TRADE's Complete Protection Guarantee, SIPC Protection for E*TRADE Securities customers and FDIC Insurance for E*TRADE Bank customers.

We appreciate the opportunity to continue to serve you and your investing needs.

—Jarrett Lilien
    President, COO and Director, E*TRADE FINANCIAL"

#33     Nov 13, 2007
  4. what do you expect them to say? "we're in deep s*** and it's best if you transfer your money to another broker asap"??

to the OP: why are you even asking this question?

#34     Nov 13, 2007
  5. I said for "for what its worth"! My question was, who is immune to these problems!

#35     Nov 14, 2007
  6. GTC

GTC

One Citigroup analyst said "... withdraw assets first, and ask questions later."

#36     Nov 14, 2007
  7. In progress, takes time.

#37     Nov 14, 2007
  8. Is there some sort of World Bank report that says TD is one of the most solid banks in the world or are you just making this up?

#38     Nov 15, 2007

9. AMEN AMEN AMEN

#39     Nov 15, 2007
  10. Why do you feel they front run? Are you placing large block orders with their trade desk and seeing the stock shoot up prior to your order being executed? What size trades are you placing to feel they are front running on you? BUT, I don't mean a 10,000,000 share order of a penny stock priced at .0001 if that's what you're trading.

What platform are you using and how is it outdated? PRO is pretty advanced and had the direct option order routing set up, which all us Brownco customers requested and had implemented.

If you are under $50k assets or don't trade a lot, you may be talking to Manila or other non-experienced reps. I had the unfortunate experience of being routed incorrectly to this group and can agree that it was not a good experience. However, if you really trade a lot you need to ask for the Elite or Platinum group. Those are the guys who know what they're doing.

#40     Nov 15, 2007