Etrade. Safe or not?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by barnetda, Nov 12, 2007.

1. My wife has a low 6 fig sum in her etrade stock account. Currently mostly in cash.

etrade looking shaky today.

Should she remove all of her funds?

thanks

2. Better safe than sorry.

3. refco-itis? Look, the US financial system is BROKE and broken. There will be runs on the banks soon. Bet on it.

4. What does E-trade offer that other brokers don't offer for you to take any kind of extra risk with them? I would pull my money out ASAP before they go under. The stock is plummetting as I write.

5. I think your both right.

Although it is insured i believe?

She is going to get out now.

Thank you.

6. Last one out the door gets egg on their face. Really horrible horrible company, that E-trade, ridiculous fees, high commissions, and they use your money to buy subprime mortgage securities to boost return on equity! LOL. They need to go under.

7. capmac

capmac

GET OUT NOW or get nothing......

8. Unless they have an outside insurance policy, SIPC is 100 cash. Trying to stay around and collect is tandamount to hitting a telephone pole to see how your car insurance performs.

9. Daal

Daal

if US goes into recession they could easly go out of business, the stock market has wisdom for this kinds of things, I would take my money out immedialy

10. AK100

AK100

Seems like physical Gold is one of the very few safe assets these days.

Hope there's not a 'reverse run' on the gold shops, ie people quing to buy :) :)

#10     Nov 12, 2007