Etrade Pro

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by shneed, Mar 12, 2004.

1. shneed

shneed

Does anyone have any recent experience trading through Etrade professional?

Thanks,
    shneed

2. I've been trading in a couple etrade offices down in south Florida since the beginning of the year and like it a whole lot. I can't speak for the company on the whole but these guys down here really know what they're doing and are pretty good teachers so far, which is what i was looking for. The costs are a little higher but the software (lightspeed) is really good. I also think it's growing pretty quickly

3. shneed

shneed

Thanks for the reply, I've heard that they got the whole Generic office to come over to them here in Boca, and are now building a 130 seat office. Didn't think that there were that many traders here in Boca.

4. why did everyone jump ship from generic to etrade pro ??

5. shneed

shneed

That's what I want to know.

6. I have worked with many firms and softwares and I find LIGHTSPEED to be great. It seems they are growing daily as traders realize that any deal starts with a great software and they have the best, something I would rarely say.

7. what kind of rates and buying power do they offer?

8. hans130

hans130

What is it about their software that makes it the best?

9. Firstly the s/w stays up with almost NO problems ever. It also has all the features you would expect in a system. Lastly after being in the biz for 12 years I can say that systems need to be mature to be good. It takes years of debugging to get a solid system. I finance 100+ guys and looked at EVERY system available and this on is light years ahead.

10. You wouldnt have any financial stake in saying this, would you? Please elucidate rates and what makes the platform better than any existing, widely used software. What are the improvements it offers?

#10     Mar 17, 2004