Etrade Power Pro and Excel

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by newwurldmn, Apr 19, 2011.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Does anyone else here use Etrade Prower Pro 5 and their Excel API? If so, do you find it to be incredibly flaky? For me, it will often crash, not pull in data, or hang.

I have a Dual Core Dell (which I purchased last week) and Office XP.

I was wondering if others have the same problem as me.

Thanks.

Jay

2. Yea...me too. Spent 6 straight days implementing tech support recommendations (new one each day). Lo & behold...they finally admit that this is a typical problem for x64 bit pc's.

No anticipated date for repair

3. Do you have both versions of Java (32bit/x86 and x64) installed?

Are you running XP64 SP2 or SP1?

I never had issues with XP64 and Etrade. How many symbols are you trying to pull?

4. Kpatel83

Kpatel83

tried it in the past not a fan

5. Winston:

Yes, both versions installed as per their directions. Day one after installation, all worked fine. Next day, could not open Excel manager ("new spreadsheet").

Have tried for three weeks and E-Trade help desk appears confused with the issue also. One person said that they know it happens but simply can not pinpoint the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

6. What browser are you using? IE (IE8 or IE9)?

How are your internet settings and do you run an antivirus program?

What version of Excel are you running? Home/Student/Enterprise/Professional, etc. and is it 2003, 2007 or 2010?

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Craig,

I have had the same problem too. The only thing that works for me is to restart everything.

Another issue I am having is that Etrade hijacks all your excel instances. So if you have two excel instances open, one for analysis (on non Etrade data) and one using Etrade data, both spreadsheets crash when Etrade does.