Ethics Profile: Timothy Sykes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pcp198, Nov 17, 2012.

1. What's not to like and respect?

He makes more $$ than this site-- arguably the most successful, start from nothing, poster on elite trader of all time. Multiple "proofs" of his trading ability from impartial 3rd parties. Not to mention he shares his wealth with others freely and lives the lifestyle 99% on here only dream about. Why the hate? Jealousy must suck. surf

#11     Nov 17, 2012
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

My comment was more a criticism of your hero picking ability, then Sykes'....

He is an excellent businessman....That he makes more money than this site is kind of irrelevant, since they are different businesses....(thus your argument is dumb)

But to answer your question, if (and I can't say either way) his teaching is mostly worthless, than selling snake oil is not a particulary respectful activity. Again, I can't criticize his website or teaching because I don't have enough info about either. But there could be disrespect based on that....

#12     Nov 17, 2012
  3. Ash1972

Ash1972

Anyone who makes money selling trading courses, information or advice is not a successful trader. He is a successful SALESMAN.

#13     Nov 18, 2012
  4. I red his book (an American hedge fund) a few years ago. This guy was doing pretty good during the tech bubble (indeed making his 10k account almost a 2 million account), but afterward he didn't do anything amazing as a trader. As far as I know he does some daytrading on biotechs, selling tons of dvd's for a lot of money.

#14     Nov 18, 2012
  5. No business affiliation at all. Tim's a friend and I'll defend my friends.

surf

#15     Nov 18, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

EVEN if they're indefensible and or wrong?

(NOT saying Tim is or isn't)

#16     Nov 18, 2012
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is a pretty dumb statement. Anyhow, I am not sure whom Tim is addressing in his response, or why he needs Surf as his courrier.

Personally I don't think it is a bad idea for a trader to teach on the side. What's wrong with extra income? Now if Tim says at least some of his students are successful using his strategy, I don't doubt him...*

This thread is going to escalate quickly, so I will just get my popcorn and enjoy the show without further participation...It is going to be a shitfest...

*Why would I doubt a guy who advertises like this?:

"Learn to make up to 100% gains in one week."

#17     Nov 18, 2012
  8. you know on second thought, this guy most likely is a fantastic trader. i'd say buying his products is probably a smart move. I'm convinced.

#18     Nov 18, 2012
  9. technically you can learn to make "UP TO" 10,000% in a week. You can buy a cheap option near experation on a takeover hunch. There you go, i just taught somehow how to make "UP TO" 10,000% in a week.

No need to thank me. I'm a humble guy.

#19     Nov 18, 2012
  10. No, my ethics override loyalty to friends. If I believed Tim was unethical, I would not defend him. surf

#20     Nov 18, 2012