Ethereum Vs. Bitcoin: Is ETH the better investment?

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Pekelo, May 31, 2017.

1. gkishot

gkishot

50-50.

#11     May 31, 2017
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

See my same post, I extended it...

Going back to the dilemma, one obvious solution would be diversifying among 3-4 cryptos...

#12     May 31, 2017
    lovethetrade likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Because ETH is the more advanced? But this would explain why ETH is outperforming BTC, because it has institutional backing, so to speak...

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/24/ethereum-price-bitcoin-rally.html

"On January 1, bitcoin was trading at the day's high of $1,003.25. On Wednesday, it broke through the $2,300 barrier for the first time to hit a fresh record high of $2,377.32, according to CoinDesk, marking a year-to-date rise of 137 percent. To find out what's driving bitcoin's rally, read more here.

Meanwhile, bullishness around bitcoin has stoked appetite for other cryptocurrencies. One in particular known as ether is getting traction. Ether has risen from $8.24 on January 1, to a high of $203.30, according to data from Coinmarketcap.com. This represents a 2,367 percent rise year-to-date."

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    #13     May 31, 2017
  4. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Yes, I think the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) is a major factor in Ether's favour from an investment perspective and the fact that it's newer, the market perceives it as having more upside potential in the short to medium term.

Broad acceptance of the technology in relation to smart contacts may be more probable than Bitcoin becoming a universal and generally-accepted medium of exchange.

Maybe there's less risk of political and/or technological disruption to Ether than there is to Bitcoin as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2017
    #14     May 31, 2017
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

#15     May 31, 2017
  6. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Bitcoin could be getting ready to make it's move back to 2800.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2017
    #16     May 31, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#17     May 31, 2017
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

#18     May 31, 2017
  9. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...eing-eclipsed-by-digital-coin-cousin-ethereum

Bitcoin Is at Risk of No Longer Being the Biggest Digital Currency

The value of ether, the digital currency linked to the ethereum blockchain, could surpass that of bitcoin by the end of 2018, according to Olaf Carlson-Wee, chief executive officer of cryptocurrency hedge fund Polychain Capital.

"What we’ve seen in ethereum is a much richer, organic developer ecosystem develop very, very quickly, which is what has driven ethereum’s price growth, which has actually been much more aggressive than bitcoin," said Carlson-Wee, in an interview on Bloomberg Television Tuesday. The San Francisco Bay Area-based fund has received investments from venture-capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures.

[​IMG]

#19     May 31, 2017
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

Yeah, I noticed 1st on this last surge of crypto's but especially how fast it bounced from the correction last week. I'm readjusting my auto-buys in the meantime to get more ETH. There's bound to be a few coins on top when the dust settles and ETH is placing itself nicely as the runner up.

#20     May 31, 2017