Ether Tops Market Caps of Bank of America and Disney

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Baron, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

Ether is the reserve currency of the Ethereum blockchain (used in almost every DEX trading pair, and the go-to asset for most protocols), a commodity (gas), a yield bearing asset, and the collateral that will secure the entire network (Proof of Stake), and soon to be a deflationary asset (EIP-1559 BASEFEE burning).

ETH is used in far more places than just wallet hodl'ing. For example, over $40B worth of ETH is tied up in DeFi protocols (https://www.defipulse.com/) and over $14B worth of ETH is in the Eth2 staking contract (https://etherscan.io/address/0x00000000219ab540356cbb839cbe05303d7705fa) right now.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2021
    #21     May 3, 2021
    Sprout and johnarb like this.
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Market caps are irrelevant. If we care about the best performing crypto this year, that is clearly Doge!!!! The one and only true coin, money of the future!!!

But I am glad this thread is at least about one of the most advanced cryptos and not that shitcoin bitcoin. If we are pushing ponzis, at least there should be some redeeming features.

#22     May 3, 2021
  3. NoahA

NoahA

In reference to the tweet, why even bother with a fund? Isn't the whole point for crypto to be decentralized without the need for having to rely on anyone else? What do I need a fund for?

#23     May 3, 2021
  4. johnarb

johnarb

It's in the tweet, LP's and others of the likes (family offices, PM's, FA's, etc) do not know how to invest in cryptos and willing to delegate the work to others that have experience and knowledge in the space

I don't think it's for you and it's not for me either, I like to manage my own investments

My point in the post is that there's a lot of $ coming into the space

#24     May 3, 2021
    AbbotAle and NoahA like this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

4D031191-5CDD-4701-867A-47B9C7B1DFBE.png

#25     May 3, 2021
    Slope Trader and johnarb like this.
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

In 1995-97 we could have said the same thing about the internet.

It was painstakingly slow, only chat rooms, AOL etc...fast forward and now we have everything at the tip of our hands. We would have never been able to imagine this back then. It changed the way we live, trade, buy things, keep track, make transactions, apps, etc. . Tons of things came about the idea of the internet. Price action on crypto is indicating something even bigger is coming. Is it a bubble maybe can it pull back of course but you can’t deny it wrath papa. Just saying

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    #26     May 4, 2021
    johnarb, Sprout and krugman25 like this.
  7. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

How many times have we told the bears, DON'T LOOK AT PRICE, look at what the protocols ARE helping to build, and more importanly WILL help build over the coming decade.

That's why everything is soaring, and that's why there's one big massive old brain drain going on right now, from old established banks/brokers/finance co's to the DAE (Digital Asset Ecosystem).

The DAE is where things happen, it's hot as hell and quick as a cat to build and improvise and so on.

PS. The recent rally is being fueled by DeFi and it's very interesting that I haven't seen one DeFi article in any of the major papers. I'll give them another 1-2 months to catch up, then you'll see a torrent. Legacy media, no different from legacy finance - slow as slow can be which is why they're losing and going to lose BIGLY over the coming decade!

#27     May 4, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  8. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

#28     May 4, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  9. How is the technology game changing? We don't have payment systems? What is currently insecure that only a blockchain can make secure?

#29     May 4, 2021
  10. Or there is NOTHING coming whatsoever. Nothing innovative, it does not solve any pressing problems.

What if the average lemming has just lost hope in the future and government and then feels the depression of covid and then you give such person a few thousand for doing nothing. Guess where that money goes? Into lottery tickets. What if this is just one giant lottery driven by nothing else but pure greed. Because not a single website, not one single poster, not a single conversation has convinced me of the utility of any crypto whatsoever. If this was such revolutionary technology there must be at least a few intelligent beings that can explain a fantastic idea in 2 sentences or less.

Richard Faynman: "
    If you can’t explain something in simple terms, you don’t understand it"

#30     May 4, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.