Ether Tops Market Caps of Bank of America and Disney

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Baron, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I don’t understand half the words you wrote.

So you have to use eth to satisfy contracts written on the etheremum network?

#11     May 3, 2021
  2. johnarb

johnarb

Sorry I thought you were familiar with cryptos and the inner workings

Bitcoin in itself is an incredibly complex concept. It took me ~2 weeks of reading in 2013 before I was hooked and bought in. At the time, the bitcoin and cryptos ecosystem was nowhere near what it is now

Ethereum is a smart contract platform

Defi (decentralized finance) is the ability to have the functionalities of real world financial system (i.e. banking, trading markets, synthetic assets and derivaties, etc) on a decentralized, censorship-resistant, and global blockchain settlement network

You will need to do your own dd. You would not want to get these critical and revolutionary information from someone else

#12     May 3, 2021
    Sprout likes this.
  3. johnarb

johnarb

While all the ET crypto naysayers are still stuck with pre-2016 criticism (i.e. Tulip, bubble, worthless) the smart money of Wall Street are leaving them behind

Meltem has talked about this before, the wall of money just keeps pouring in and they've had to be selective

#13     May 3, 2021
    AbbotAle and Sprout like this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

boy you are dumb or may be just trolling. TCP IP was invented in 1970s but internet as we know it came to existence in mid 90s. Do not bother replying as you clearly missing my point about cryptos being the biggest bubble/ponzi or whatever you want to call it in human history. If they seize to exist not much will change for most of people.

#14     May 3, 2021

5. Hi Johnarb,

I read a while back that Canada has or will soon have ETF-like markets that one can use to trade cryptocurrencies.

We have a futures market for Bitcoin in the US now, but it's very expensive to trade. Do you know if there are plans to have a way to invest in cryptos through ETF-like vehicles in the US?

#15     May 3, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Hey Slope Trader, I'm sorry but I don't invest in the stock market assets related to cryptos but on the actual native crypto digital assets (i.e. btc, eth, and others)

The company behind GBTC, has a similar product called ETHE and other cryptos, but this is not a recommendation on any of them

#16     May 3, 2021
    Slope Trader likes this.
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I get block chain and how it will change the world.

I don’t understand why the coins should go up in value? Why should eth go up. I get that etherium network could change how contracts are written. Do you have to use eth to transact on those contracts?

#17     May 3, 2021
  8. krugman25

krugman25 Guest

There's awesome potential in Ethereum. DeFi and NFT's didn't even exist in the last bull market and here we are today with a $100B decentralized economy that grew from nothing in less than 2 years, and rapidly growing.

Some of these individual protocols are pretty exciting (Aave, Uniswap, Yearn, etc.) but it's Ethereum that enables it all. How does one value the platform upon which the entire decentralized economy is being built? Idk, but I'm here to stay.

#18     May 3, 2021
  9. tsznecki

tsznecki

Can you read or is it because you are half gorilla? You europeans are another kind of stupid. Just because you say something does not make it true.

1989–2004: Rise of the global Internet, Web 1.0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet#1989–2004:_Rise_of_the_global_Internet,_Web_1.0

It's right there in the link.

"as you clearly missing"? You forgot the are in "as you are clearly missing". You are clearly missing half your brain cells. When you are angry and melting down check your grammar and spelling.

"Seize"? LOL. Fucking dumb europeans! It's "cease". Stop typing when your hands are shaking from anger because you cannot read and I called you out on your lie.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    #19     May 3, 2021
  10. johnarb

johnarb

Eth token is used for every single smart contract transaction (for gas fees/transaction fees) but that is only scratching the surface

The whole ecosystem of defi is extremely robust

Study AAVE, Maker DAO, Yearn Finance, Curve, yield farming, etc. It will blow your mind

And then you realize they're working on interoperability between blockchains, whoa! You can use btc (wrapped) on Ethereum for defi and collateral asset, or eth/btc on Binance Smart Chain. Exciting and the possibilities are enormous

#20     May 3, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.