Ether Tops Market Caps of Bank of America and Disney

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Baron, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Ether (ETH), the native cryptocurrency of the Ethereum blockchain, surged Monday to a new record price of over $3,200 amid fresh speculation the network’s value might soar as more traders warm to the potential of decentralized finance, known as DeFi, and other uses like non-fungible tokens or NFTs.

The 10% gain was the biggest in two months, and the new all-time high price of $3,253 came just hours after the market topped $3,000 for the first time. Ether, the second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has risen for nine straight days, its longest winning streak since the bull market of late 2017 and early 2018. The ether price has quadrupled just this year alone, outperforming bitcoin (BTC), the largest cryptocurrency, which has doubled.

Ether now has a market capitalization of $364 billion, exceeding that of Bank of America, the largest U.S. bank, as well as that of the entertainment giant Walt Disney and food conglomerate Nestle.

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Mind boggling what blind faith and manipulation can achieve. At this stage .com is walk in the park. One month ago it was around 1.5 k. 180 billion capitalization added over last 30 days based on what ....

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Based on the fact that it's one of the most game-changing technologies in the history of mankind.

yc47ib, AbbotAle, Sprout and 2 others like this.
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

180 billion worth of a change in just 30 days???

what would happen to our world if Ether or BTC disappears ???? And the answer is nothing.

imagine if internet disappeared in 2005.

so, it probably is not the most changing tech of human history. I think Internet will hold this crown for a very long time.

IMHOO:D

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    yc47ib, DiceAreCast, trader99 and 3 others like this.
  5. tsznecki

tsznecki

This has got to be one of the dumbest posts I ever have read. If the Internet disappeared in 2005 you wouldn't be here at ET posting online now. Are you sure your parents not are related?

Sprout, Gambit and johnarb like this.
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

the technology is game changing, but how does one monetize that by owning the coin?

7. johnarb

johnarb

Perhaps Ethereum was undervalued given its role in a $2T+ cryptos ecosystem and catching up now?

Sprout and Apologetik like this.
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

dude are you too dumb to understand my post????

my point is that cryptos are not the most important tech invention, where internet was.

2005 Internet was 10 years old (for majority of people) about where cryptos are today. How can cryptos be so important if their disappearance would have barely any effect for most people??? Life will go on. On the contrary if internet disappeared 10 years after its wide usage, our society would suffer unimaginable consequences.

9. johnarb

johnarb

Ethereum is improving the SoV and value proposition of the coin. As the base token for the Ethereum blockchain, eth is the native currency for all of the defi on Ethereum

PoS will be a major improvement to the tokenomics of holding the Eth token as well as deflationary plans for the supply (i.e. Eth 2.0)

Sprout likes this.
  10. tsznecki

tsznecki

Don't try to change the subject when I called you out on your bullshit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histo...89–2004:_Rise_of_the_global_Internet,_Web_1.0

You said in 2005 the internet was 10 years old? Read ^ above you if you are even able to read at the level of a 5 year old. The public facing internet was 1989. 2005?

Now I'm sure not only are your parents related, at least one answers to "Good doggy".

#10     May 3, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.