Etg

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderjimbo, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Ari,

I hope it's a priority! I been trading with protrader for the past 6 years (that's why I've been reluctant to close my account). Ever since the inception of the ecn client (gr8trade's 1st version) we have been promised features and as of the past few years they are almost always the last to deliver.

For example, over a year ago I told them about NX (I went so far as printing the info off NYSE webpage, fix info and all, since no person over there knew about it). We were told that it wouldn't make a difference (by the software development group) they put it off until May of this year.

Open book, during a trader meeting last may, we were told by the head of software development that traders claimed it was useless. I asked which traders? he said "Instinets traders" we'll INET's traders are more like brokers for institutions (they don't act in a principal capacity, agency only) my assumption is they don't trade like me so, how can a software developer tell me what features are necessary for my trading style when he doesn't know how I trade.

Ever since the owners David, David, and Andy sold the partnership nothing seems to have a priority (cutting edge sftware wise).

I may be biased because I prefer to use new tools before the everyone on the block gets them, but I feel this helps give me an edge.

All in all I hope they get it all worked out I would really like to see them on top of the game again.

#31     Dec 14, 2002
  2. lescor

lescor

I also use Sterling and think it's a pretty good product. I have a screen shot of it as well if anyone is interested.

www.geocities.com/lescor_1

#32     Dec 14, 2002
  3. Thank you for sharing your experience and involvement with gr8trade and it's development. I'm not really qualified to talk about gr8 or it's future, but seems to me that they will be changing more rapidly and will become a top player in the field. Prop. firms like ETG, and hedge funds will be the top clients, and the software will be adjusted to meet all the needs of short term traders. There have been several changes already made since the last version, which makes me believe that traders requests are taken more seriously. I wish you best luck.

#33     Dec 14, 2002
  4. I've been staying away from the room...Friday I was in for a bit and you weren't there. What gives?
    I wanted your expertise on LCD's.

#34     Dec 14, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

Friday's I have to quit early as my daughter ends school at 1:50 CST and she has skating lessons at 3:00.

nitro

#35     Dec 15, 2002