ETG+Schoney?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by sandy c, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Although I am no english expert, definition 1 seems to fit my understanding of the situation. The office's number of traders has grown and they are making money. Whatever...argue semantics all you want.

As for the Bright quote, he was talking about his office. I think he was referring to closing his office after hearing that ETG's office was doing well and his wasn't.

But, I guess the case is closed.

#51     Sep 7, 2005
  2. I think this discussion has come to sort of a "REP - DEM" result... Either A or B, but we're damn sure of it...LOL

If anyone cares, we are striving (and thriving, but that's a given) to re-double our remote trading capacity...if I had my way, we end up with Vegas, Vancouver (maybe 10-12 smaller offices) and a zillion remotes...Some of our groups have chosen to get their own offices, which is great....the Bright's aren't the "Trumps" (we don't need our name on every building we occupy...there are groups around that you wouldn't even know were BT traders unless you asked.

When we classify traders as remote, and they pay their own office space and data vendors, it works out better for us and the trading groups. BTW, this is a secret, don't tell anyone...

Don :)

Back to poker. check out: www.stocktrading.com/pokerhouston.htm just for fun.

#52     Sep 7, 2005
  3. im certainly not trying to put words into Mr Bright's mouth, though it seems to me from the text that Bright spoke with ETG's Mester to gauge both how ETG's Atlanta office was doing, as well as, and along with Mester's input & assessment, the viability of maintaining/restocking an office in Atlanta...

your [Newatthis] comment suggests, whether intentional or not, that the key/decision factor here ["ETG's office was doing well and his wasn't"] has little to do with the availability of traders/candidate-traders, nor with the current difficult trading environment [whipsaw, low volume, v-reversals, etc], particularly to those new to trading and/or lacking in experience & sophistication -- rather, that the difference in [Atlanta office] "success" has to do with something specific to ETG versus something specific to Bright... im not even sure you were aware that this is what you were implying, though it seems clear to me that you have agenda to promote/propagandize ETG...

of course if the business environment for ETG in Atlanta was "thriving", perhaps even overflowing, then market dynamics would suggest there is plenty of opportunity for Bright as well...

feel free to have the last word... i seriously doubt you'll be able to resist...

cheers...

#53     Sep 7, 2005
  4. mr bright every trading company from assent to carlin to hold brothers would love all remote. in remote you offer me nothin i can't get anywere else. i can get leverage with a without a liscense for .002 to .003 anywere. when i've seen anyone talk about your rates at .007 to 1 cent a share i snicker as thats rates of 5 years ago and just not competitive. i can understand how you can bring a newbie into an office that you have to teach but an experienced remote guy will demand at least .003 for any vol

#54     Sep 7, 2005
  5. RNRBAND

RNRBAND

joe,
    .003 all in?

#55     Sep 7, 2005
  6. Do you buy speakers in a box off a guy on the corner too? You get what you pay for. I dread to think of the support level if difficulties arise, and you need a manual liquidation. One thing people don't grasp is commission is not everything, if you know how to trade you are looking for support, buyingpower, resources, and additional operational edges.

Deep discount brokers are not the future for a trader looking for longevity and growth. The race to zero is unproductive. If a person is undercapitalized to begin with, they are not doing them selves any favors by accepting inferior service, they most likely are not even aware they are receiving.

Thats something to keep in mind having an awareness.

Thats the problem now a days, so many people don't even know all the services available to them, or when they would need them. To many people will blow up on 1 or 2 horrific trades that could easily have been avoided, and miss opportunities they never knew existed. This only comes with experience, and a top down view of things.

I gladly pay over a penny and my setup and support is unparalleled. Treat it like a business.
    You don't build a house out of cardboard.
    Sure you can paint it to look nice, but one blow and your foundation is steamrolled.

Even the bible has some relevant trading wisdom,

Matthew 6 v 24-27
    "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house upon the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock."
    "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.

Something to think about.

#56     Sep 7, 2005
  7. You are getting SERIOUSLY ripped off. What kind of line of crap are they feeding you to charge this rate?

If you only knew what they paid, you would think differently...do the math. the difference keeps your manager laughing all the way to the bank.

#57     Sep 7, 2005
  8. What manager? I respect your opinion, though SERIOUSLY disagree with it this time.

#58     Sep 7, 2005
  9. with all the downsizing or shakeouts out there in the daytrading world what prop firms have
    the largest grossing traders out there
    and has this been documented by anyone ?

( i.e. in Traders Monthly ... I do not see that many
    prop firms traders mentioned as being in the
    league of the other "superstars" )

#59     Sep 7, 2005
  10. Matthew 6 v 24-27
    "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house upon the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock."
    "But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.

Funny that you quote the bible about trading. As you can see from the above posting this has nothing to do with trading nor is it a good analogy. this post is perhaps the summation of Christianity in that Jesus is saying that you need to build a foundation of him in your soul, for when you sin and the world wears on you, you will have him as your strength to stand upon. Anything else that you have built your foundation on (booze, sex, drugs, money, and all that other good stuff) will be nothing of a foundation when your world comes crashing down and nothing beneath your feet, (or soul) is good enough to stand on....
    something to think about, especially in this career. the earning of money sometimes overtakes oneself and the darkness of this will drive you mad once you are surely rooted in its clench.
    I was once there, thank God he helped me through it and gave me the vision of what he had in store for me.

#60     Sep 7, 2005