ETG or Schonfield offers

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nwbprop, Aug 28, 2002.

1. there is access to bullets - through susquehanna (sp?). they're pricey (5 cents/share), but go down from there. if you really want the schedule, PM me and i'll get it from somebody.

buying power? honestly, i've never heard of a limit on buying power. it's like credit...build confidence, show you are capable, and there are no problems. but, you said, '10,000ish," i would say it's safe to assume you would need to demonstrate your skills and/or share in the risk to be on that level, and rightfully so. there are plenty of people trading the multi-single-digit-thousand share positions. i will add that buying power is the biggest advantage of a prop firm and i plan on taking full advantage. there is a risk management team, thankfully. if there wasn't, they would've gone bust.

#11     Aug 28, 2002
  2. strat3x

strat3x

I'm interviewing at ETG in the near future, can you tell me a little about the interview process? I read on an earlier thread that there are multiple interviews, is that still the case? Also, is it very difficult to get hired there?

#12     Aug 28, 2002
  3. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

i would definitely have a lawyer familiar with the securities indusrty look over the contract..... regardless of which companies you are considering.

#13     Aug 29, 2002
  4. i mispoke. it's not 1.5, .75 after, it's 1.425 after 500k. that's horrible. i've been asking about this lately since it will now impact me, and this was the answer i got today.

#14     Aug 29, 2002
  5. What's up with Schoni these days?

#15     Nov 25, 2006
  6. 1.5 cents? might as well us td webbroker lol

who would pay this?? plus a 20% split??? wtf?? you guys must be kidding

#16     Nov 25, 2006
  7. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

Niceneasy, Read the frigging dates. This thread and those numbers are from 2002.

#17     Nov 25, 2006
  8. Those guys were posting over 4 years ago. Things were different back then.

#18     Nov 25, 2006
  9. How things change!

#19     Nov 25, 2006
  10. Penson Worldwide, Inc. Announces Acquisition of Clearing Business of Schonfeld Securities

Transaction expected to be accretive in 2007

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 21, 2006--Penson Worldwide, Inc. (NASDAQ: PNSN), a leading provider of execution, clearing, settlement and custody and technology products and services to the securities industry, announced today that it has signed an agreement to acquire the clearing business of privately-held Schonfeld Securities, LLC, a New York-based securities firm, primarily on an earn-out basis. Penson anticipates that the acquired Schonfeld business should be accretive to earnings at approximately fourteen cents per share in 2007 for the nine month period following March 31, 2007, when conversions of Schonfeld accounts are currently anticipated to be complete.

#20     Nov 25, 2006