ETG - anyone have any experience with them

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 2xWorldChampion, Aug 7, 2002.

1. I would pick the internship with Wolverine rather than trying to go and prop trade if you're just starting out. Wolverine, from what I hear, is a very respected group and believe you would learn a lot from the traders there. I also believe they have education sessions after the market closes and do mock trading.

Plus, you get paid for the internship for four months compared to ZERO if you prop trade. So why not take this great opportunity to learn options from one of the well-known trading groups and work your butt off to try and secure a position full-time after the internship? I hear it's pretty tough to get a position with Wolverine so you should consider yourself lucky to be offered an internship...great way to get your foot in the door!! You'll also be able to meet a lot of other people on the floor (which exchange will you be on?) who work for different firms so if you're dedicated enough, who knows, you might have other firms asking you to work for them. There are many prop firms out there and if your internship doesn't work out, then go and daytrade.

Just my 2 cents.

#21     Aug 8, 2002
  2. Speculator1929

Speculator1929 Guest

If he truly interviewed at ETG, he would know the first point of contact is a woman. They make no offer until they have checked your background, you have spoken to the President, the CEO and sometimes the Office Manager. They do a complete background investigation. At least they did on me. A truly professional organization, no matter what anyone says about their deal or contract. There is a trade off to getting their training and risking no money. I saw on Monster that the CEO, Robert Kanter will be personally teaching the next training class in January.

If this 2timer dude (2xWorldchampion) had half a brain he would assume that the management of the firm reads these boards and will act accordingly.

#22     Aug 8, 2002
  3. trdr292

trdr292

How good is the training at etg? I have heard positive things in the past about them. Is it worth signing their contract to get their training?

#23     Aug 8, 2002
  4. Why would you post these things on a public message board??? They aren't stupid. Start looking for another firm.

#24     Aug 8, 2002
  5. Not true. First point of Contact for me was some bozo named
    Howard Jahre, then referred me to Clem at the SF office.

Sounds like things have changed, but I doubt it. The market hasn't gotten any better so I dont see why, now they would
    increase their level of support and caring to bring fresh meat on
    board.

-momo

#25     Aug 8, 2002
  6. Most of the people I talk to at ETG do not like the contract. They make you sign for at least 2 years and hold a % of your money each year. There training consist of watching some tapes made by the president of the company. I think there are better options out there.......Ohh and the commissions are not very competitive,,,,,Shop around,,,,,

#26     Aug 8, 2002
  7. the new york office in the financial district (there's one in midtown now). no, no capital.

exactly....and the tradeoff is...contract and higher commissions. i don't have a problem with the contract. why would they let you lose money for 6 months, then leave once you learned on their money with a better payout?

training....hmmm..let's just say i wouldn't join based solely on the training. i like how worldco is set up, where the team leader directly participates in a part of your profits, so he has an incentive to teach you his strategies, and offer you guidance into those strategies along the way. that said, since bob kanter will be teaching the training class in january, i would be very interested in what he has to say.

i have no idea who howard is...maybe it was because you were on the west coast, or maybe he left. although i do know clem runs an office in california. over here, the first contact is an hr guy or two , then a lady, then often with a branch manager, then mr. kanter (founder), and usually mr. mester (president) as well - if not in person, then by teleconference. then, an extensive background check. still think the piece got an offer??

i know bryan roberts has some kind of ax to grind, but things must of changed since then. there's plenty on ETG if you do a search. some comments from disgruntled employess from a different generation, and others that seem to make more sense to me. i would advise you pay attention to the posts by newatthis.

#27     Aug 8, 2002
  8. bullshit.

actually, i didn't really do much bullshitting to get the foot in the door.

I'm just a proud cocky kid whose happy to have been given a chance.

so when someone said no high school degree, my ego got to me, and I did a little rant.

if that offended anyone, don't let it. afterall, i'm just a cocky kid who was lucky to get any response at all.

I don't really know anything about their application process, but when the head guy at the office says he's reserving a seat for me, I take it that I'll probably get the job, unless a background check discovers that I'm just a cocky kid.

:D

No, really, what do they check in your background? like if i smoked a little bit of pot when I was 10 years old, does that disqualify me? Or if I ever quit a job, or didn't pay my rent, or bounced checks? bad credit? Any input here would be appreciated.

#28     Aug 8, 2002
  9. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

New York!!! i never would have guessed!!!! as far as an ax to grind, are you saying ETG didn't threaten this site or myself with legal action??? so how would you react if they tried to squeeze a new contract down your throat after you already signed a crappy deal in the first place??? if you got a good deal more power to you, i am just telling this guy to beware so he doesn't get squeezed like myself and many others I know!!! why does that bother you so much?

#29     Aug 8, 2002
  10. i'm not saying ETG didn't do any of those things, nor did i say your issues with ETG were not legitimate. i don't know, and i don't care, as they have no bearing on me and what is going on at ETG now. i have no problems with you. you're certainly entitled to your opinion. i wish you good trading. take it easy.

#30     Aug 8, 2002