ETFTraderFriends

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by EtfTraderLives, Dec 22, 2004.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Yes, I always do it. I roll up (or down) if I get close to the money. The math is simple: If I collect $ 3- $4 in premiums and each roll over costs me only $0.4 per share (commissions and spreads) then I have money for 4 - 5 roll overs with 1 strike increments. It works pretty reliably. The only one thing can kill it: its GAPs. To minimize the GAPs effect though I use 20 or more stock portfolio.

#51     Jan 6, 2005
  2. LOL. I thought I heard it all.

Is this all you do every day, watch posts on EliteTrader and react to them in real time?

Seriously dude, I don't have to do this for anyone. Already the readers of this forum have made $2.65 points off my calls. And what does it matter to you since you are short at $59. What have you done for them since your initial post three weeks ago? To date, you made them $0.25. Seriously, man you should have no complaints whatsoever.

Let me ask you something. Are you so dependent upon watching this thread to trade your position in ADBE? This isn't a daytrading forum man. If you haven't noticed, these are swing positions being traded over multi-days. What's senseless is the use of message boards for posting scalps/daytrades. That's no different than an idiot sitting in a bucket shop receiving ticker quotes 15 minutes behind the print. I won't do that because that is total BS. Any moron that sits with his email reader on awaiting delayed alerts from a message board or hitting refresh in his browser to read this forum is pretty naive.

Since I posted this message well before open today, readers had an opportunity to get out of their long positions unscathed. Right? For the stock went up into my averaged position ($60.25). What would their loss have been? A lousy nickel as opposed to my avg ($0.35). Thirty five cents loss on a $60 dollar stock is so minor! More so since the position I held was less than a few percent of my entire equity. Like I told this forum, I was backing off and playing VERY small.

Seeing that the stock dropped over a buck today, I'd say that was a courtesy call dont you think? I also gave you an indication of how many shares I was aggressive with - not the exact amount, but a hint that I was definitely lightening up my longs up here. That should have given you an additional piece of information that I am only going into this trade to catch a dead cat bounce. Well guess what, it hit my stop and didn't bounce. And for this you require my timely call?

Seriously, I think it is great that you watch this forum and its posts in real time. I am also pleased there are lots of other opinions being made in this forum.

But your the only one complaining on here Heilbronner. Given 2500+ people have visited this thread, your the lone complainer - perhaps because you haven't made more than the rest of us.

Anyway, good trading.

#52     Jan 6, 2005
  3. Long ADBE $58.30 avg; light position

#53     Jan 7, 2005
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Good move. What is your target? $60?

#54     Jan 7, 2005
  5. Added $58.45 avg

Still light position.

#55     Jan 7, 2005
  6. but looks more like 57.50 next... had a feeling it'd be marked down; 55 is doable... Non?

#56     Jan 7, 2005
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I think we will be hovering around $58 for a while. Also. I think $60 looks more realistic then $55. We have just got the first confirmation of $58 support.
    We will see, obviously, there are no sure things on the market. :) :cool:

#57     Jan 7, 2005
  8. I wish Heil would cover for a profit... :D

Man I don't know how long you can hold that Heil... at some point you gotta scratch out some $$$.

Today looks like the only significant upday for the first week in January 2005. It could go much higher...

#58     Jan 7, 2005
  9. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I don't think he is in any trouble as he covered him self with puts, as I understand.

#59     Jan 7, 2005

10. y, so far support has held

#60     Jan 7, 2005