ETF Trend Trading Course

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by eghunter, Apr 27, 2010.

1. When it comes on trading business, we all know that potentials and knowledge is very important in any transactions. It is good to know that you are trying to study it by acquiring those courses that fit on this field.

#11     Jul 26, 2011
  2. xiaodre

xiaodre

Seriously going to spend $2000 on a trading program? Good lord...

Look at where you are. Just start reading buddy. Read and search and read, and that guy who said go to the library and check out books on trading is right on. Just start reading.

#12     Jul 26, 2011
  3. Handle123

Handle123

I was very truly lucky when I first started in this business 31 years ago, there were very few books written on trading/investing, but the ones out there, were very good. NOW, there are tons of books written and then there are the "dog and pony" books to entice you to buy some expensive course. Traders who trade well will not write a book, the royalities on a crummy book are like nothing, and then there is the fear of hundreds doing what you have spent a lifetime learning, everyone start trading that way, and the method will stop working. I know someone who wrote a thin manual on how he traded in the 90's, guess what, he had to stop trading cause the herd used it and big traders also read it and triggered the stops, LOL.

And I am sure the folks just getting into trading feel overwhelmed, more you read, less you realize you know, which might be a good thing. I would not want to be getting into this business today, 99% vendors seem like they just want the buck and few really good mentors any more. Come on, who is really going to teach you to trade for a lousy $3,000 when you can make that and more each day? And so what if he gets ten students, that still not worth all the aggrevation for a good trader who trades. Think best way is to get is to read like the ES or Crude Oil journals and contact who looks like they are doing well and ask them if they consider to mentor. But if you have to pay, forget it. Offer them a nice Christmas gift, but thats about it.

There are only three books I reread each year Technical Analysis of Stock Trends by Edwards and Magee originally written in 1940's and two books by John Hill written in late 70's, Stock & Commodity Market Trend Trading by Advanced Technical Analysis
    and Scientific Interpretation of Barcharts. And I believe in one of Hill's books he even has a nice little method on Price action trading Beans.

I am unaware but sure there is a book on making trading plans. One only needs one way to enter, but then work on 30 plus rules of money management. Got to spend 99% of your time on how to get out whether on protective stops, time stops if market not moving, profit targets or trailing stops. Also, when not to trade even though you have a signal to get in. If I only knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have spent so many years on entries, bet everyone says that, LOL.

#13     Jul 27, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.