ETF strategy for today's Fed reaction

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Nov 3, 2021.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I like having both bullish and bearish scenarios covered.

If the post-2pm reaction to today's fed announcement is bearish I'll buy UVXY TZA SQQQ. If bullish I'll buy SOXL and perhaps TQQQ.

Remember there's a whipsaw immediately following fed announcement, so the major reaction trend is often not strong until 15 minutes or so after initial reaction.

Personally I'm hoping for a big selloff so I can daytrade 1k+ UVXY from 15-17

murray t turtle, sandy_s and twstn like this.
  2. twstn

twstn

Solid plan!

3. tango29

tango29

I like the drift the hour before the announcement.

formikatrading likes this.
  4. To those of you who follow the news - what's the expectations from the FED today?

I'm bullish for the day regardless of the FED - but being a FED day everything is on the table...

5. Girija

Girija

Down when Powell's face shows up. Reclaim and go up later. I belong to the group that thinks there is going to be a small retest of circa 4550s before rallying higher as usual.

Laissez Faire likes this.
  6. On the last statement we actually rallied higher into the FOMC statement. The prior ones sold off into the statement and then reversed higher. Let's see where the day takes us. :)

4550 today or later in the week/month?

7. Girija

Girija

In a week or 2 hopefully before Thanksgiving

Laissez Faire likes this.
  8. I believe it's been a while since the market was this sluggish going into FOMC.

9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

choppy af, typical prefed .... spy3nova.jpg

10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

buying uvxy here if bounces uvxy3novv.jpg

uvxybook3novv.jpg

#10     Nov 3, 2021