ETF safety

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by TickSeeker, Jul 11, 2020.

1. If I buy for example Vanguard's VTI etf and the company goes bankrupt what are my changes to get my money back ?

I understand that changes are guite good if I bought the stocks listed in the ETF directly and did DRS for them, but in the case of bk the ETF itself will disappear with the company so...

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. ph1l

ph1l

3. Thank you

4. S2007S

S2007S

Hahahah, bankrupt???? Do you have any idea the amount of trillions in assets vanguard has under management??????
    If vanguard went bankrupt there would be a total depression, Major averages would be down 80-90%!!!! Vanguard bankrupt??????

luckyfnlou likes this.
  5. And this was your sophisticated response where you tried your best... It’s always nice to see genius people.

It was not a question will it happen you idiot.
    Just FYI
    Lehman Brothers Holdings, Inc. had total assets of $691,063,000,000 when it went bk

6. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

So you clearly have no idea how the business balance sheet is segregated from customer deposits, thus enabling a firm to go out of business without cleaning out it’s client base. Please have beyond a surface level understanding of infrastructure if you’re going to comment thanks

7. noddyboy

noddyboy

Wait...did you actually name one company thatt WON'T go bankrupt? That is new!

8. noddyboy

noddyboy

Except it is not foolproof, like MF Global

9. %%
    YOU are much, much more likely to get hit by lightening
    so don't worry about chasing fleas or stand under a tall tree in a storm.Thanks for the question...………………………………………………………………………………………………../boss hog

luckyfnlou likes this.
  10. deltaf0rce

deltaf0rce

Again, understand beyond googleWhat you are talking about. Mf global was a commodities firm. And they all got paid back.

#10     Jul 12, 2020