ETF question?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by pumpanddumper, Dec 20, 2007.

1. I play DXD and DDM and SSO and SDS

WTF is going on with these prices today? Doesn't make sense?

2. Dividends

3. Thanks, may add some DDM here.

4. They will be making some very substantial cap gains distributions payable on 12/28 to all on record 12/24! Hope you enjoy paying.... :D

5. Are you saying that I can buy ddm between 12/20/07 and 12/24/07 and as long as the dow stays the same or goes up I can make 4 or more dollars per share?

6. No, Ex-Dividend day was today. Meaning you had to buy BEFORE today in order to be on record by the 24th

7. Thats a relief since I own some ddm which I purchased last week I was fully prepared to be pissed over paying for someone else to enjoy a bonanza of 4 dollars a share. Its bad enough I have to hold on to the shares until the 28th. Or would I still get the distribution even if i sold before the 28th?

8. if you are on record as a holder the last few days, you'll get it even if you sold today. However, you would have also seen that you paid the same amount if you had it today, by the gap difference in price vs. what it should have been.

9. Thx for the info Daytrader98. I read the faq about distributions on their website but it did not answer that question.