ETers, what do you do with your pennies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gunslinger, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Can we get back to the talk about pennies now? Or does riskarb wanna keep this BS up?

#41     Oct 17, 2006
  2. I mind my pennies and the dollars take care of themselves.

#42     Oct 18, 2006
  3. You're calling bullshit? I'm calling bullshit on you. riskarb stated that he saved change for what, 13 years? I save my change in an old cowboy boot and when it's 3/4 full I cash it in at the place that does all the bank's coin counting. They charge me 1.2% and I walk out with cash. I routinely get $400-$500 out of a boot (granted, we have $1 and $2 coins up here, but I typically deal in plastic, not cash). I cash a boot in every 6-8 months or so. It's no stretch at all to imagine that if I just kept going for 13 years I could have 10-12K, and more if I were trying. riskarb also said that others were pitching in as well. So this means that the figure he mentioned is easily do-able.

The question is, what in the hell is up with you that you would spend so much effort trying to convince us that he's lying about this? The fucking guy has probably got 10 PMs a day from people around here begging him for options advice. Do you think he needs to impress us by telling us he saved a bunch of change? How is it such a huge stretch that a family could come up with $3 worth of change every day??

I haven't even had that much direct interaction with riskarb here. This whole campaign of yours just struck me as particularly juvenile, and wrong as well.

#43     Oct 18, 2006