ET will be better with less CENSORSHIP of 'chit chat'

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well it's like this. There are certain ways to get things that we want done. Looks like this thing has gone on long enough and far enough, that it's going to take a whole lot more diplomacy than it would have a week ago.

I breezed through some of the chit chat stuff a day or so ago and I saw some complaints Vinny. Some name calling and quite a bit of lingo that was directed as anger toward moderators, etc. While you may have a case, I don't know if you do or not. Whether you were right or wrong when this all started I don't know, who really does. Probably a matter of different perspectives to different people. (see nihabshi post)

So what if the deleted posts # 1,3,5,6,7 should not have been deleted. Maybe they should not have. Maybe they should have. It's been done and that's that. Whether your anger is justified or not, what's been done is done. I dare say that this entire incident is most likely a two sided coin. There's your side, the moderators side and somewhere in there there's the truth.

Maybe a little bit of give and take early on could have made a difference, maybe not. However, this situtaion has esculated to a point where it has taken quite a bit of energy and time no?

The fact of the matter is, this website belongs to baron and baron has moderators that help him try to keep the website to a certain standard of being civil and peaceful, as well as keeping a certain amount of quality (insert your definition of quality here if you want to, but when it's all over, your defintion of quality doesn't mean much if it's not in agreement with their definition of quality)

This is where baron and the moderators have the say. Now you don't have to like it, but that's the fact. They can delete any post that they think should be deleted at any time they decide to do so. That's the fact. They do what they deem fit. Are they always right or wrong. Probably not. Not always right, not always wrong.
    But get this!!!

They don't have to be!!! It's their website. If we don't like it, then we can either stay or go. If we are angry and choose to stay and call babak "babar" or magna "mammar" or inandlong "outandwrong", then that's our choice to do so. But the fact of the matter is, it's their website and I would imagine that there will be a limited number of times that I would get to call indandlong "outandwrong" before the word came to me to take a hike.

I don't know how all this got started Vinny, who was right, who was wrong, who was partly right or partly wrong. I have seen a whole lot of posts on this website that did not get the erasure that I for one thought the moderators were being very lenient.

I have had one of my posts deleted since I have been here. I didn't completely agree with it, but I was not 100% right and the moderator wasn't 100% right. I pm'd the moderator about it and we had a constructive talk about it and now that moderator and I have had some good talks about different things since. I consider the man to be a good friend now (as well as computer cyber friends go). But at the time I noticed my "all important" post missing I got a bit riled. In reality my post wasn't all important.

To me at the time it was, To him it wasn't , he deleted it. We talked about it. I gave a little, he gave a little. He didn't have to.

It's not my website. GET IT.

My advice, let it go. Take some time off.

#11     Jan 29, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Vinny....
    I have advice for you.
    This site is not about YOU.
    SHUT UP AND TRADE.

:D

#12     Jan 29, 2003
  3. I always suspected that was the answer.

Maybe I should kiss up alittle. I will buy him a gift!

What dress size is he?

Vinny

ps Baron, you run an excellent site.

#13     Jan 29, 2003
  4. Without quoting your entire post, I would like to say...

1. Your post was very reasonable.

2. You gave excellent advice.

#14     Jan 29, 2003
  5. any Jets fan will tell you that there's nothing to be upset about. Rather, this is the best I felt about them since 1998.

They are 3rd choice to win 2004 super bowl, behind Tampa and Phil., and that means us long suffering fans have alot to look forward to.

bring on the Tuna bowl!

#15     Jan 29, 2003
  6. I would place them behind the Rams....

How quickly people forget.

#16     Jan 29, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.