ET Virus

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Joab, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We don't serve pop-ups of any kind and never have, so it's not coming from us.

BTW, there's a chance that your computer has a legitimate program installed on it that is causing this issue. Some file-sharing software also comes with an ad delivery software bundled with it. So you think you're installing a single program when in fact you're installing 2 or more.

#11     Feb 1, 2007
  2. Joab,

tell me that the PC you do your 'surfing' with is NOT the same PC you trade from!

#12     Feb 1, 2007
  3. If you're not using Firefox, Install it... try it.
    Include at least two extensions:

No Script...
    which disallows all or individual Java and/or Java Scripting.

Adblock Plus...
    Adblock Plus maintains a database of advertisements and are automatically blocked. You can also add custom filters for advertisements and images.

And naturally, for even better security, switch to Linux. :)
    I'd be happy to show anyone how, and if desired, have both Windows and Linux on your computer for easy selection at boot up, or one could use Xen to use Windows inside a Linux environment -kt

#13     Feb 1, 2007
  4. >>I'd be happy to show anyone how, and if desired, have both Windows and Linux on your computer for easy booting. -kt<<

Sounds good. Why don't u start a new thread.....

#14     Feb 1, 2007
  5. You'll be surprised at how easy it is.
    I'll put an orderly tutorial together and start a thread called... "Let's Talk About Linux".

-kt

#15     Feb 1, 2007
  6. Sounds good - I think that is likely to be a very popular thread.

#16     Feb 1, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

That would be great !

Thanks

#17     Feb 1, 2007