ET userid ratings...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by kjkent1, Sep 27, 2005.

1. By golly, you're right. I misread your post. You did say "moderation" and not "moderators." My apologies.

#11     Sep 28, 2005
  2. alanm

alanm

I favor the Slashdot-like approach of allowing moderators to mark posts up or down and allowing users to set their filters to see whatever quality level they want.

#12     Sep 29, 2005
  3. So could the advertisers target a certain rating?

You guys just don't get it...

Its all about readership...its a numbers game in the advertising revenue game...

All of this crap aint gonna happen...

jOe/Baron would never put up Skalpzy's IP address anyways....(another brilliant idea)

Michael B.

#13     Oct 1, 2005
  4. the implications for novelty items on the web site would be huge...

i.e., with a poster rating system, ET could have indicators showing market sentiment polls from users with certain rating thresholds..

but i think that Barron needs more collaborators to make such a big move...

#14     Oct 6, 2005
  5. i'm in general favor of this cause i am sure i can convince all my aliases to vote for me :D

#15     Oct 6, 2005
  6. Aint this the truth!
    ET is so littered with aliases that the site is becoming a garbage dump.
    It's been like this for most of the year, and Baron doesn't seem to mind one bit.

#16     Oct 6, 2005
  7. Today I really think and realise this rating feature on ET would be very important, not only a great feature like many first tier forums are doing, but also a must feature particularly for an investment/ speculation related forum that basically provides information involving personal financial risks.

With this rating feature, when some traders (usually experienced and profitable ones) see a particular post supplying/ providing obviously problematic/ wrong/ risky advice, however none so far have voted negative rating for the post, they might feel the need to submit (using minimum time for just a click) their negative rating for it, without any potential hassles of creating unnecessary arguments (spending their useful time) with any posters.

#17     Jan 11, 2006