ET user recommendation rankings

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dreturns, Feb 29, 2016.

1. dreturns

dreturns

Was reading Surfs forum when he posted a link which gave me an idea for ET. ET should have an outlet for users of any kind, to post recommendations of buy short what ever, and then rank those recs periodically. Users can be ranked on return of advice. Shouldn't need a blotter or statement. Just advice. If folks have ideas, but no money, they could shame the elites w money. ET could offer an api etc so automated folks could enter as well. Bragging rights to the winners. Might get more hits with peeps trying to get tips. I will offer free DB dev resource if interested, I used to help w the WSJ analyst rankings years ago.

2. I love this idea! Baron??

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Collective2 already provides this service, and as a general rule, we don't compete with our advertiser's offerings.

NoBias and dartmus like this.
  4. dreturns

dreturns

That site is a bit overkill for the level I was thinking for here. Its a cool looking site though...shinny. Didn't know it existed. Off to play with the new toy. It has a curl api :)

dartmus likes this.
  5. dartmus

dartmus

I suspect u like this idea only because it enables putting your historical trading record behind u and and starting over fresh with 50/50 odds where a single win within such a new format as Collective2 has the potential to put u at 1 wins and zero losses ....and exclude your historical nn wins and NN losses.

Am I correct in assuming this spin is the motivation behind your interest in starting over within a fresh environment that excludes your historical trading record JN?

6. Running it in conjunction with the sponsor could be a huge win win for all involved.

7. dartmus

dartmus

We wouldn't b competing with them if we used surfs algo to track the results. Make a call, never exit, then have debit claim credit for the all time high reached after the buy was called. This would b a lot of fun. I remember way back in the day I used to forward test all my picks that way.

Highest price attained after I picked a symbol was my favorite way of viewing the market. It's what initially stimulated my interest in trading. It was quite exciting. I'm certain it will be a big success if u implement it.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.